Ssb - walker 'defeated' at agm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets not Forget

I think at this time we should look positively on a new future and without doubt this is the most exciting time to be around snooker. But I would like to think that we would be able to recognise that whilst SRW may not have been the man for the next 10 years he should be thanked for his efforts and time committed during his stewardship of the game. There are a lot of things we could single out that many of us had challenges with. However at this time I would like to thank him and I believe he is a gentleman of a very high calibre, and I believe that there are many positives that we will build on and I have to say that I believe he acted with great dignity today and wish him continuing success in the future

Pat Mooney

Comment

I agree with Mr. Pat Mooney, and I also think that he did a fine job in getting snooker somewhat back on it's feet during the first years of his tenure. Unfortunately that image did almost completely vanish in the past year or so, with sponsors withdrawing and embarrasing events like the Bahrain Masters organised. I think that if he and the board just been more cooperative with media and fans and transparent about the situation he would possibly not have been fired today. But as it happened, their way of treating the media and fans projected an image of a board, not living in the 21st century, trying to cover up every negative bit of news and earning money through dubious commissions.

Comment

Lets not forget

Hedgeland you are spot on,

Somehow somewhere they believed that the seige mentality adopted would protect their role, It should be pointed out that by simply agreeing to talk with extyernal promoters and the SPA would have avoided this whole process, however I am delighted with where we are now as getting Barry to agree to come on board has been a significant achievement by all concered and for me the single biggest achievement was by the players, they have for many years now believed that their vote did not mean anything and because of this they have not been listened to when they have concerns. Today a new breed of player has been born, that is one that realises that if they are unhappy they can cause change and the board and all those who support the board will be held accoutable for their action by the players, so the big well done is to all those who cast a vote irregardless of how they voted I was just delighted to see player power in action, and on top of that they made the right decision.

Pat Mooney

Comment

Brilliant news. Time to move onwards with the game now!

Comment

Pat, what is your view on the article in this thread? It concerns me slightly.
            http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...ad.php?t=21043
            sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Wonder if CE will start slagging off BH in SS and how long it will take?

Hopefully now SS will be a more pleasant read.
              Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
              Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

Working...
              X