Ssb - what the papers say

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - what the papers say

Yesterday's AGM has brought coverage and comment in UK newspapers and other media outlets.

Here is a selection...

Phil Yates in The Times.

Clive Everton in The Guardian.

Ronnie O'Sullivan gives his reaction in the Daily Express.

Hearn talks to The Sun.

He says he wants to keep the World Championship at the Crucible in the Daily Telegraph.

Comment from the Daily Mail.

And from the BBC.

Report from Sky Sports.

Account of Walker's exit from Eurosport.

More from the Mail.

Hearn promises a new era of openness to the Press Association.

More...

the worrying comments come from the bbc

hearn promises a quick fix which makes me even more sceptical

Robbo Unbeatable in ranking finals 6 out of 6

COME ON ROBBO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

With the exception of theWorld Championship, one of Hearn's major concerns is the sport's tournaments go on for too long, dampening the interest of television, potential sponsors and snooker fans.

"We need quick results and quicker entertainment," said Hearn

so thats the uk championship gone then from the horses mouth

i feared this would happen

Comment

Originally Posted by superaussie View Post
        With the exception of theWorld Championship, one of Hearn's major concerns is the sport's tournaments go on for too long, dampening the interest of television, potential sponsors and snooker fans.

Well it hasn't happened yet OK? so wait and see.
        Proud winner of the 2008 Bahrain Championship Lucky Dip
        http://ronnieosullivan.tv/forum/index.php

Comment

Nothing has happened yet so please quit moaning all the time. Hearn still isn't the chairman yet. New innovations are needed within the game but it doesn't have to mean a goodbye for everything that has been so far.

Comment

hearn would be good for the game.
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

"We need quick results and quicker entertainment," - Might just mean a slight change in T.V format, rather than the championship format changing. Just a thought.

Comment

Hearn would be the best thing that's happened to the game and for the players in a long time! I would have nothing but "total confidence" in Barry Hearn if i was a professional in the game right now, and i'm sure there are many players would feel the same way too!
                "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by Dirty_Harry View Post
                  "We need quick results and quicker entertainment," - Might just mean a slight change in T.V format, rather than the championship format changing. Just a thought.
                  This probably refers to his idea of having smaller weekend competitions. Leaving the ranking-events as they are, but with a few more preferably.

Comment

Superaussie.

You are not really "the full shilling" as we Poms say, are you ?

Or are you just a wind up ?

GOMH71 ...

Comment

Originally Posted by GOMH71 View Post
                      Superaussie.

You are not really "the full shilling" as we Poms say, are you ?

Or are you just a wind up ?

GOMH71 ...
                      sorry i deal with what the facts show if your deluded not my problem

Comment

Barry Hearn to run Snooker is exactly what the sport needs. He's energized Darts, turning that into a phenomenon.
                        Snookers profile has never been lower than it has been recently, and finally that looks like it will change. More tournaments, better organization - has to be better than before.
                        Millions watch it on TV, yet prize money goes down. Professionals think they are "part-time" because of the lack of tournaments.
                        However - What amazes me is that out of 72 players, 16 didn't even bother to vote and 24 voted to keep things as they are. That's more than half who didn't want change! Why not? I would love to know the reasons to keep things as they are.
                        Thank heaven for the 32 who voted for change.

Comment

there is a seperate thread for that already and this is the third thread you have posted essentially the same post in... stop tryingto tell us you were right!!!
                          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                            there is a seperate thread for that already and this is the third thread you have posted essentially the same post in... stop tryingto tell us you were right!!!
                            Just ignore them *twirls finger round and round temple* ...

GOMH71 ...

Comment

Originally Posted by RGCirencester View Post
                              he is actually getting on my nerves now! - i will personally arrange to kick him off the board if he turns the game into a bingo festival but its just not going to happen.
                              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                              X