Ssb - dott gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - dott gone

Graeme Dott has withdrawn from the Pukka Pies UK Championship after experiencing dizzy spells during the first session of his match against Mark Williams.

Dott trailed 6-2 after Williams compiled six half century breaks.

He had felt unwell during the afternoon, went back to his hotel for a meal and decided he could not continue.

More...

Sad to hear and especially as Dott could do with the ranking points..
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Arrrggggghhh
      TSF World Champion 2010
      TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
      BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

He wouldve lost eventually anyhow. Well played Mark J I say.
        Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
        Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

What a shame I hope he gets well soon!
          2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
          2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Originally Posted by RocketRoy1983 View Post
            He wouldve lost eventually anyhow. Well played Mark J I say.
            He may well have, and yes well played Williams.

"I tried to be patient, but it took too long"

Comment

Did someone curse the guy? He just can't seem to catch a break.

Anyway, well played Mark Williams, and I hope Graeme gets well soon.
              Winner of crucible77's 2008 World Championship Fantasy Snooker Game
              2008-09 Fantasy Snooker Seasonlong Champion

Comment

Will it be scored as a 9-2 then?

=o)

Noel

Comment

Originally Posted by darrus View Post
                  Did someone curse the guy? He just can't seem to catch a break.

Anyway, well played Mark Williams, and I hope Graeme gets well soon.
                  thats exactly what i thought, ever since his world championship win he has gone downhill, which is understandable for the period where he was depressed because of his managers passing, but since then he broke his arm, come out of the top 16 and now this!!

DAM!

unlucky greame. wel done mark
                  wooooooooo snookerrr

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post
                    Will it be scored as a 9-2 then?

=o)

Noel
                    Yes it will..
                    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Well they say luck evens out over a career, and I suspect he's still paying off that world championship.

Comment

You cannot get to to World finals, winning one of them through luck. And you guy's wonder why more players don't join the forum.
                        "I tried to be patient, but it took too long"

Comment

You can certainly have luck with the draw though. You can have different permutations and the winner would still win so luck doesn't come into the equation, but in some cases they wouldn't. Dott played well to reach the quarters but he had good fortune from therein - Ronnie collapsed in the semi and probably would have done against any player, and to be fair Ebdon had a really bad day at the office and still pushed Dott hard. A different permutation of the draw and Dott probably wouldn't have won it, so I don't subscribe to the theory that you can't win tournaments by luck.

Comment

Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
                            You can certainly have luck with the draw though. You can have different permutations and the winner would still win so luck doesn't come into the equation, but in some cases they wouldn't. Dott played well to reach the quarters but he had good fortune from therein - Ronnie collapsed in the semi and probably would have done against any player, and to be fair Ebdon had a really bad day at the office and still pushed Dott hard. A different permutation of the draw and Dott probably wouldn't have won it, so I don't subscribe to the theory that you can't win tournaments by luck.
                            I'm with you up to some degree, as when he won the world title, I thought that he was lucky to win it. But I don't think a player without the tools would make it two final trips in Crucible. It is a success, and taking it away from would be a bit too much..

But in theory, it's possible to win a tournament just by luck, although I don't believe it was the situation in Dott's case..
                            All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

Here we go again.

I certainly do subscribe to the theory that you can't win tournaments by luck. Especially not a tournament with the kind of format the World Championship has. If Dott was lucky to win that tournament, who was unlucky not to win it then? As I remember, everyone else had at least one opponent whom they lost to.

Of course you could always argue that a player of Dott's ability, even when he's playing at his best, needs some of the other top players not to play at their best. But even when this happens, it's still not luck. How is it lucky that you get yourself up for a match and your opponent doesn't? Of all the players that were up for that tournament, Dott was the best.

And in the following season, he got to the SF of the UK Championship, losing to a very good Hendry, and convincingly won the China Open, trashing O'Sullivan in the process.

I wish him to get back to his best, as in his prime, he was better than at least three of the current top8 players, in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X