No announcement yet.

Ssb - snooker on the bbc: An unclear future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To put those viewing figures into perspective, that 2009 final received 3.04m viewers on the Monday night, as you rightly say.

This was more than Match of the Day (football) received on the Sunday night - it had 2.65m viewers.

It was also the second most popular programme on BBC 2 during that whole week. Only The Apprentice - You're Fired! received more viewers with 4.2m.

So, when you look at it like that, 3.04m is a very good audience!

Source: BARB
    Steve Butler
    www.nottinghamsnooker.com
    Nottingham Snooker YouTube Channel

Comment

The figure for Higgins v Selby final peaked at 8 million , I wonder what time that was ,maybe before all the kids got thrown up to bed .

The final sessions start way to late ,I,ve got a job to keep my lids open sometimes especially when there is no atmosphere in the game ,
      like Higgins Murphy final , one of the most boring finals i,ve ever seen , it was just like watching two robots playing the table , it did,nt feel like a match at all .
      The final session should kick off around half six half six , so the kids can adleast watch most of the match .

Although the snooker is played to a much higher standard than the eighties , there are very few characters like there were in those days . Even the less entertaining players were charasmatic and entertaining around the table , if not on it . They all had individual mannerisms you could relate to .

Even with all the doom and gloom snooker was still the most watched programme after 10-30

Comment

Wasn't the WC final a record post midnight audience on the BBC?
        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Working...
        X