Ssb - in league for premier place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - in league for premier place

It’ll be a big week for one of 13 players taking part in the Championship League, with one of the seven from Group 7 going forward to join the other six in the winner’s group on Wednesday and Thursday.

The Baronial Hall of Crondon Park Golf Club in Essex has become an unlikely favourite for the top players, who get quality match practice, not inconsiderable prize money and the chance to get in the Premier League next season.

Already through to the winners’ group are Stephen Maguire, John Higgins, Judd Trump, Marco Fu, Neil Robertson and Mark Allen.

Of these, only Higgins can be sure of a Premier League place regardless of what happens this week, although Robertson must be a leading contender as well.

Group 7 features Ding Junhui – surely a cert for the PL too after his UK Championship win – plus Steve Davis, Michael Holt and the returning Jamie Cope, Peter Ebdon, Mark Williams and Joe Swail from group 6.

The action is all live online over the next four days and more information can be found at the official website.

More...

and I for one, really appreciated it after weeks and weeks of no live snooker at all ...

well done to Matchroom Sport and the betting sites that sponsor it - I watched it live for free on www.Bet365.com and I believe it's on others too ...

my only complaint is that Steve Davis (my hero if only cos he's the same age as me) was playing nearly as badly as I do ... come on Steve, knock in a few match-winning centuries will you cos otherwise the youngsters will think us over 50's are well past our sell-by dates

Comment

Working...
    X