Ssb - day 6 - the last four

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - day 6 - the last four

Mark Allen beat Ding Junhui 6-0 to win his first professional title, the Jiangsu Classic, in China last summer.

However, since then Ding has landed the UK Championship crown and has played very well in Beijing this week.

Roared on by a large partisan crowd, he is edging closer to repeating his 2005 China Open success.

There would be no more popular victory in China, but Allen enjoys the big occasion and has what it takes to spoil the party.

Mark Williams has evoked memories of his early 2000s peak in reaching the semi-finals but will have to play well again to see off Ali Carter, Mr. Consistency over the last two years.

Carter has moved through to the last four in a quiet, unfussy manner. It’s his seventh ranking event semi-final appearance from the last seven tournaments.

Williams, though, has always enjoyed tournaments contested outside of British shores.

He has won five of his 16 ranking titles in Asia, including two China Opens.

Ding v Williams looks the most likely final based on what we’ve seen so far this week.

More...

Williams is probably the favourite against Carter, but in another thread, I've noticed a (tongue in cheek) trend.

Grand Prix: Robertson bt Ding
    UK Championship: Ding bt Higgins
    Welsh Open: Higgins bt Carter
    China Open: Carter bt...?

Possible. I feel that Williams is playing too feel and he did beat Carter at the Masters too. But fair game to Carter, he is well capable of beating Williams and he has surpassed Robertson and is now provisionally the world number 3.

Comment

Originally Posted by gettingbetter View Post
      Williams is probably the favourite against Carter, but in another thread, I've noticed a (tongue in cheek) trend.

Grand Prix: Robertson bt Ding
      UK Championship: Ding bt Higgins
      Welsh Open: Higgins bt Carter
      China Open: Carter bt...?

Possible. I feel that Williams is playing too feel and he did beat Carter at the Masters too. But fair game to Carter, he is well capable of beating Williams and he has surpassed Robertson and is now provisionally the world number 3.
      That link is broken. Even if Carter wins the title, he will have to beat Ding, who has already won a tournament, so, the current ongoing has been finally ended by Ding..

Carter bt Allen would be a continuation of the rule, though
      All the way Mark J!!

I understand nothing from snooker. - Dedicated to jrc750!

Winner of the German Masters 2011 Lucky Dip

Comment

My link was that the loser of the previous tournament wins the next.

Comment

Working...
        X