Ssb - get the cocoa on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - get the cocoa on

So another late, late finish is now almost guaranteed.

Yes, the pace of play has been slow but what did people expect to happen when they chose to start at 3pm rather than 2pm as originally announced? They could at least have got the two remaining scheduled frames in.

Will snooker ever learn from its past mistakes?

Neil Robertson seemed to take the comparisons with Eddie Charlton a little far when he took four and half minutes over a single shot - which he then didn't play.

In fairness to him, he isn't the first player who has found it impossible to think clearly in the Crucible cauldron but his best chance of winning is to play at his normal pace.

If you look long enough for problems, you'll eventually find them.

The final has been hard work for both players. Graeme Dott found some fluency with a century in the last frame of the session, which will hopefully be a portent of what is to come.

More likely, given how important this is, will be a tough scramble for the line.

Hopefully snooker fans will be able to stay awake to watch it.

More...

They didn't actually hit the first ball till gone twenty past 3. Why don't they ensure the first ball is struck at 2pm and start the evening session at 7pm? The afternoon show could start at 1:30pm so the play can start on time and we might all get to our beds before midnight.

Comment

Agreed... A late and tense affair ensues. Whay about our cousins in Aus watching Robbo? I'll be an all night / day session for them whoever wins. Think they'll be having a barbie (and not to mention a fair few tinnies) by the time it's over!

Dott's century in last frame was nice to see. Somewhat bizzare for Robertson to take so long over a shot. He should have played pot and screwed back IMHO.

That's another year of pro snooker nearly over. Many more to come with strong leadership from Barry.

Comment

There is surely a case for rearranging the schedule so that players get Saturday night off and definately start Sunday at 2.30 at the latest and by that I actually mean break off at that time.
        "I tried to be patient, but it took too long"

Comment

I was thinking about this earlier and why not have sessions like this

Sunday 1pm - 10 Frames
          Sunday 7pm - 7 Frames
          Monday 2pm - 7 Frames
          Monday 7pm - 11 Frames

That gives players a decent chance of an earlier night on Sunday for the battle on Monday. Also for the semis why not have three sessions on Thursday and Friday and then the final two on the Saturday.
          TSF World Champion 2010
          TSF Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2006/07
          BBC Snooker Prediction Contest Overall Champion 2005/06

Comment

Well if Robbo takes any more ridiculously long looks at a shot, it could be a very late finish, just hoping i can stay awake (would be awful to drift off and miss a 147 )

Comment

the worse thing is i wanna watch the taylor/davis documentary straight after so god knows what time i can get to bed

Comment

What actually is the start time for the final tonight(UK time)?
                The bitter taste of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Comment

^ this year's final is perfect for us. Another six to thirteen frames to play and it's already 3:30 EST. I may actually have a drink or two before it finishes tonight! That would be a first.

Comment

Will have to come over to Canada and watch with you next year, FerruleFox

:snooker:

Comment

Working...
                    X