Ssb - higgins fined £75,000 but free to play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - higgins fined £75,000 but free to play

John Higgins has been fined £75,000 but is free to return to the circuit following the tribunal into alleged match fixing.

More follows soon...

More...

So he was obviously found guilty. Not sure how to feel about this. I think a 12 month ban would have been more fitting.

Comment

Originally Posted by gavhay View Post
      So he was obviously found guilty. Not sure how to feel about this. I think a 12 month ban would have been more fitting.
      He was found Not Guilty of match fixing, but guilty of bringing game into disrepute. Which is fair imo.
      My Flickr

Comment

So surely this means Quinten is returning and being reinstated in the top 32? If not, its outrageous.
        Blown away

Comment

Originally Posted by MySockPuppet View Post
          John Higgins has been fined £75,000 but is free to return to the circuit following the tribunal into alleged match fixing.

More follows soon...

More...
          So he was found guilty of bringing the game in to disrepute by being accused of doing something he was found innocent of? That doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally Posted by jw147 View Post
            So surely this means Quinten is returning and being reinstated in the top 32? If not, its outrageous.
            No, he was banned for a different charge and found guilty of it.
            My Flickr

Comment

He got a six month ban, which will damage his form. Considering most players have been playing competitive snooker for a couple of months he will miss the Shanghai Masters, World Open and 9 PTC/EPTC events. A total of 1,785 points he has lost as well as the ability to win up to 32,000 points.

Comment

The bigger the name, the lesser the sentence. He should of got a 2 year ban at least, hes guily as sin.
                Blown away

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
                  So he was found guilty of bringing the game in to disrepute by being accused of doing something he was found innocent of? That doesn't make sense.
                  It's because he or people around him i.e. manager put themselves in a position where he could be taken advantage of. Yes he done nothing wrong, but sitting there talking about how easy it is to throw a frame, hiding money etc is not what a professional sportsman sohuld be doing, that's where the disrepute has come from imo. As I said it sounds spot on to me.
                  My Flickr

Comment

Well the official published statement seems to suggest that a 6-month suspension has been seen as appropriate, and that as his suspension began on 2 May it will expire on 1 November.

Comment

Just read the full verdict before posting...
                      Ein jedes Werkzeug ist ein Tand in eines tumben Toren Hand.

Comment

Originally Posted by Harv View Post
                        No, he was banned for a different charge and found guilty of it.
                        by agreeing to lose the game Hann was in breach of rule 2.8, which states "a member shall not directly or indirectly solicit, attempt to solicit or accept any payment or any form of remuneration of benefit in exchange for influencing the outcome of any game of snooker or billiards." Hann was banned from snooker for 8 years and also fined £10,000

sounds pretty similar to me
                        Blown away

Comment

by agreeing to lose the game Hann was in breach of rule 2.8, which states "a member shall not directly or indirectly solicit, attempt to solicit or accept any payment or any form of remuneration of benefit in exchange for influencing the outcome of any game of snooker or billiards." Hann was banned from snooker for 8 years and also fined £10,000

sounds pretty similar to me
                          Higgins was found guilty of "Intentionally giving the impression to others that they were agreeing to act in breach of the Betting Rules."

It is not the same... so READ THE VERDICT
                          Ein jedes Werkzeug ist ein Tand in eines tumben Toren Hand.

Comment

The bigger the name, the lesser the sentence. He should of got a 2 year ban at least, hes guily as sin.
                            Have you actually read the verdict?

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong (it wouldn't be the first time) but didn't money change hands in the Hann case? I seem to remember money being transferred into his bank account before he was busted.

Comment

Working...
                              X