Ssb - masters draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - masters draw

Mark Selby will begin the defence of his Masters title against Mark King at Wembley Arena next January.

Ronnie O'Sullivan, Selby's beaten opponent in last season's final, will face Mark Allen, who beat him in the second round of the 2009 World Championship.

Reigning world champion Neil Robertson tackles six times Masters champion Stephen Hendry while Jamie Cope makes his Wembley debut against Shaun Murphy.

The format includes scope for two wildcards but this is still to be confirmed.

Draw:
    Mark Selby v Mark King
    Shaun Murphy v Jamie Cope
    Mark Williams v Ding Junhui
    John Higgins v Graeme Dott
    Ali Carter v Peter Ebdon
    Stephen Maguire v Marco Fu
    Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Allen
    Neil Robertson v Stephen Hendry

More...

allen first up for ronnie then possibly neil

it doenst get easier for the rocket

selby has apart the first round a tough draw also

can we see another selby-ronnie classic

Comment

King should have beaten Selby in Shanghai and is due a win over the Shark
      sigpic
      Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

MJW and Ding have gone head to head quite a few times this season. And once again!

Comment

Originally Posted by Looki View Post
          MJW and Ding have gone head to head quite a few times this season. And once again!
          Yeah, and they were in the same quarter in Shanghai as well, but were surprisingly knocked out before they could meet.

Comment

Robertson/Hendry and O'Sullivan/Allen look to be the most exciting of first round matches, but to be honest they all look to be good on paper..
            "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Selby should get past King.

What's the format in the first round, is it first to 6 or something?

Comment

Best of 11 until the final, which is best of 19.

Can't decide whether to book hotel and tickets now or wait til nearer the time.

Comment

Interesting that they've made the draw before deciding whether they are going to have any wild-card round matches. TBH I think that it would be very hard to finalize a draw and then expect 15th and 16th seeds for this tournament to play the wildcard round.

Looking at that draw it looks like we're going to be in for a great week at Wembley once again, playing best of 11 matches (which are normally SFs in most rankers) is one reason why its anticipated as its a format that's not normally done much. For some reason I think if they ever have the WC round in the Masters they ought to do that on a saturday - eases the rush to get matches done on the Sunday and Monday anyway.

I reckon that in the Masters its always going to be hard to get anything right for sure but If I was asked to predict it at this stage Id say something like this to begin with.

Mark Selby 6-2 Mark King
                  Shaun Murphy 6-3 Jamie Cope
                  Mark Williams 5-6 Ding Junhui
                  John Higgins 4-6 Graeme Dott
                  Ali Carter 6-3 Peter Ebdon
                  Stephen Maguire 6-1 Marco Fu
                  Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-4 Mark Allen
                  Neil Robertson 6-3 Stephen Hendry

Selby 6-4 Murphy
                  Ding 6-3 Dott
                  Carter 6-5 Maguire
                  O’Sullivan 6-4 Robertson

Selby 3-6 Ding
                  Carter 4-6 O’Sullivan

O’Sullivan 10-7 Ding

Comment

Mark King will reach the final. Stephen Lee did it a few years ago when no one expected it. Will he win it? I don't want to go that far yet, but i think King will be there on the last Sunday
                    sigpic
                    Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

I can't work out whether you're being serious or not, Boss.

Comment

I also fancy King to topple the joker from leicester

Comment

You don't though, you really don't have to lie. I fancy MJW to beat Ding, I don't hide it.

Comment

I do i think he has the fighting spirit to play spanners at his own game and beat him

Comment

But there's no doubt that Selby will win. Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                              X