Ssb - malcolm thorne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - malcolm thorne

Malcolm Thorne, brother of Willie Thorne and one of snooker's unsung heroes, has died of cancer.

There are many leading players of today who owe Malcolm a debt of gratitude. He ran countless junior events that gave young players the chance to compete, improve and learn about tournament snooker.

Many of these were staged at Willie Thorne's Snooker Club in Leicester, which became a regular destination for young hopefuls and their parents for years.

In more recent times Malcolm was heavily involved with the English Association for Snooker and Billiards.

His love of snooker and dedication to the game amounted to a major contribution to the development of many great careers.

Everyone at Snooker Scene sends our condolences to Malcolm's family.

More...

R.I.P Malcolm

Very sorry to hear of Malcolm's passing.

He was a great enthuiast and supporter for the game, and his handicaps and pro-am's were legendary around the midlands and nationwide.

He made a tremendous contribution to Snooker at grass roots level.

A great organiser and a supportive figure to many hundreds of aspiring players and friend to countless seasoned amatuers and league players.

A very genuine, friendly and warm person.

Condolences to Willie and the Thorne family.

Comment

Very sorry to hear about this. I met him a few times and he seemed a nice bloke. I know he organised a lot of events for the juniors in particular and he deserved a lot of credit for what he did. He will be terribly missed.
      coaching is not just for the pros
      www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Working...
      X