Ssb - shaun murphy's year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - shaun murphy's year

Shaun Murphy has given an extensive review of his season over at his website.

You can read it here.

I'm pleased to see Shaun making an effort with this site because player websites are few and far between and even in the ones that exist there is very little input from the actual players - unlike in so many other sports.

Players sometimes complain they have been misrepresented in the media (and occasionally they are) but they have a platform on the web to tell it their way and it surprises me that more don't take that opportunity.

Speaking of snooker on the net, there's a useful summary at Pro Snooker Blog here.

More...

Good to see Murphy discussing how his season has gone. I've been looking at Selby's website hoping to see his self critique in regards to his performance at the WSC.

One thing that I will have to say about Murphy is that he has failed to deliver many a time. I know that he has won the WSC and UK, but other than that he has only won one other ranking event (I wouldn't consider the PTC finals a major ranking event). There seems to be common phrase on TSF and other snooker websites that Murphy is too good a player not to win 2 WSC, but he hasn't won many other ranking tournaments either.

Comment

Originally Posted by gettingbetter View Post
      Good to see Murphy discussing how his season has gone. I've been looking at Selby's website hoping to see his self critique in regards to his performance at the WSC.

One thing that I will have to say about Murphy is that he has failed to deliver many a time. I know that he has won the WSC and UK, but other than that he has only won one other ranking event (I wouldn't consider the PTC finals a major ranking event). There seems to be common phrase on TSF and other snooker websites that Murphy is too good a player not to win 2 WSC, but he hasn't won many other ranking tournaments either.
      yes murphy is woefully falling short on his promise and if he wants to be considered a Great after his career finished he better start racking up tournaments at a far more consistant basis than the last 6 years since his World Championship win.

Comment

Originally Posted by wildJONESEYE View Post
        yes murphy is woefully falling short on his promise and if he wants to be considered a Great after his career finished he better start racking up tournaments at a far more consistant basis than the last 6 years since his World Championship win.
        couldnt agree more, wish he would get off ronnies case abit an concentrate on his career.
        good player he is, great player, well that remains to be seen

Comment

Working...
        X