Ssb - new backing for amateurs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - new backing for amateurs

Amateur snooker players are being given the chance to play in next year’s Q School for free through a new event, the Snookerbacker Classic.

Snookerbacker runs a snooker and betting website and once forced me to drink copious amounts of alcohol against my will at Wembley.

He has decided to give a budding star a leg up by running four qualifying events later this year leading up to an overall final.

The winner of this will have their £1,000 entry fee to Q School paid and also receive free entry to four PTCs. The overall runner-up will also receive free entry to Q School. Full details on how it works and how to enter are here.

It seems to me it isn’t a bad time to be an amateur, although of course everybody wants to be a professional.

Twenty years ago there was a thriving pro-am scene in the UK but this was effectively killed off when the pro game went open.

But now amateurs can play alongside the pros in the PTCs, gaining valuable experience and the possibility of qualifying for the main tour.

There’s also the Q School and various other events although, of course, almost all of this is based in the UK.

Still, if you have a cue and the ambition then give it a go. It’s what every player you’ve seen winning tournaments on TV do over the years.

And maybe one day we’ll be watching you on our screens.

More...

Good. I plan to be there.

Comment

Working...
    X