Ssb - on cue for gloucester

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - on cue for gloucester

The sun is shining (at least where I am) but snooker’s great and good are hard at work at the second PTC of the season in Gloucester.

The amateur rounds end today and the big boys come in tomorrow, all played at Paul Mount’s impressive South West Snooker Academy.

There will be live streaming from two tables free on betting websites such as Bet365 and Betfair and on liveworldsnooker.tv, whose headquarters I visited last week.

What an operation it is. They receive feeds for and then distribute thousands of sporting events every year, with commentary in many languages.

Snooker is the latest sport to embrace the internet age, later than it should have done, though that is certainly not the fault of Perform Group.

Anyway, on to the action...

Ronnie O’Sullivan won the first PTC, playing superbly with eight centuries during the event.

There were plenty of big name fallers early on as the new season lumbered into life but the big hitters have all been playing since and it would be fair to assume more of them will go further this week.

The playing conditions at Gloucester are generally agreed to be better than those at Sheffield, not least because there is more room and, for that matter, more tables.

I can’t believe some of the things I’ve read and heard about the PTCs. They’ve only been going a year but already it’s ‘there are too many of them’ and ‘there should be more money.’

Snooker players should realise one thing above all else: the game was run for years by snooker players. If it isn’t in the position it should be in then that’s down to them. They voted for the people who ran it, they allowed everything that happened to happen.

The sport is now being rebuilt and needs the support of the players for it to reach the heights it deserves.

The opportunity is there to make a good living but, as in any profession, not everyone will reach the top.

However, in sport it’s down to you to realise your potential. Money is there to be earned, not handed out.

The winners of PTCs last season were all players with the right attitude. This, as much as talent, will be important again in Gloucester this week.

More...

I can’t believe some of the things I’ve read and heard about the PTCs. They’ve only been going a year but already it’s ‘there are too many of them’ and ‘there should be more money.’

Snooker players should realise one thing above all else: the game was run for years by snooker players. If it isn’t in the position it should be in then that’s down to them. They voted for the people who ran it, they allowed everything that happened to happen.

The sport is now being rebuilt and needs the support of the players for it to reach the heights it deserves.
    that is so true players has to realize they buggered up snooker not Barry Hearn if money in PTC is tight then let the likes of Higgins and Ronnie look in a mirror to find the fault for that.

Comment

Working...
    X