Ssb - slow news day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
    isn't there a documentary titled "WHEN snooker ruled the world".. implying that it is history? look at the media coverage - bbc only broadcasts a few tournaments per annum. eurosport uses snooker as fillers on the weekend only when it has free time - they sometimes even bounce the announced snooker events in favor of ad-hoc events.
    Goodness me, you do capital letters

Comment

Originally Posted by The Statman View Post
      Goodness me, you do capital letters
      HAHA - the caps create more drama for my net STALKERS.

p.s. for the record and for the uninformed, i pay my nephew to record every match in every event on both bbc and eurosport for me - most of which he then places on YT - so i do know about the programming - intimately.

p.p.s on channels with >5 million views w/in a year and appreciated by many snooker fans, dinos not welcome
      Last edited by arbitrage; 30 August 2012, 12:11 PM.

Comment

HAHA - the caps create more drama for my net STALKERS.

p.s. for the record and for the uninformed, i pay my nephew to record every match in every event on both bbc and eurosport for me - which he then places on YT - so i do know about the programming - intimately.
        Maybe your nephew isn't doing a very good job. Be careful where you put your money or however you pay him, beats me. Anyway, it's nothing but exaggerating to say snooker is some sort of filler on Eurosport. And I'm talking about TV coverage only. Eurosport Player in addition provides live streams to the camera tables whenever there's a match going.

Comment

#1 there was a question mark there which means i was asking you a question, not making a statement. it would seem the logical fallacy is not mine.
          Now you're being disingenuous.

#2 i did not say some. i said ALMOST ALL major professional sports have time limit rules. the rules are there for a reason - to ensure fair play
          You're missing the point. Whether 1 sport/game has a time limit rule implies nothing about another sport/game. If every other sport/game had a time limit rule it still wouldn't imply snooker needed one.

Oh, and snooker already B]has[/B] time limit rules - just not a shot clock.

#3 tennis was played traditionally ..
          All of this is irrelevant, as I said just because tennis has time limit rules, does not imply snooker should. You need to stop comparing apples and oranges and start making a point for why snooker needs a time limit rule, and why a shot clock is the way to do it, and lastly why 25sec is the correct amount of time.

You've not made a compelling argument for any of those issues/points to date.
          "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
          - Linus Pauling

Comment

Working...
          X