Ssb - o'sullivan to return

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - o'sullivan to return

Ronnie O’Sullivan will return to action in October after signing the World Snooker players’ contract which had been a bone of contention all summer.

O’Sullivan has not played competitively since he won a fourth world title last May, claiming the contract was ‘too onerous.’

World Snooker refused to offer any money for promotional activities and a stalemate ensured.

However, O’Sullivan’s management has tonight reported that O’Sullivan has entered the International Championship, a new ranking event in China, and the UK Championship.

I don’t have any insight into what has changed but Clive Everton got it spot on in his Snooker Scene editorial this month: O’Sullivan should abide by his professional responsibilities but at the same time World Snooker should be reasonable with the amount of things it expects him to do in the name of promotion.

The best way for any top player to promote the game is to play it. When O’Sullivan plays it a full house is guaranteed.

O’Sullivan said he wanted a rest after the Crucible and he has had one. Perhaps not playing has reminded him of how much he enjoyed snooker in the first place.

More...

HI I am happy that Osullivan will be playing this year without him snooker is BORING

Cheers Leonard from Canbada

Comment

I'm glad World Snooker didn't make any exceptions with him. But I also agree that they can't burden him with promotional work more than anyone else. It's best for him and especially for the game to let his snooker do the talking.

Comment

Its great that O'Sullivan's Back. Come the the time of the world championships the rest might have done him good.

Comment

It could and should have been sooner. If ROS is refreshed by his time off, he may play even better, which can only be good for the game. Hearn really should have backed off from asking someone with a serious psychological condition to do more and more. And ROS shouldn't have demanded appearance money but if he's doing more promo than anyone else, I can understand why he did. ROS has to meet his responsibilities as WC though (if he's well), others have done it down the years. It's a tricky balancing act.

Right, what are the odds on ROS lifting his 5th WC? Game on!
          Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Anyone know when his first match back is?

Comment

Oh good... I've missed him discussing how he wants to retire every five minutes. However did I cope without it?

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post
                Oh good... I've missed him discussing how he wants to retire every five minutes. However did I cope without it?
                Let the play recommence, we love the it really. It just adds some more spice to the enigma. Any more drama and we'll be in an Alex Higgins situation; bring it on!
                Harder than you think is a beautiful thing.

Comment

Were we even surprised he came back? What else would he do to earn millions of pounds? Open a hundred chip shops?
                  Mayur Jobanputra, Snooker Coach and Snooker Enthusiast
                  My Snooker Blog: www.snookerdelight.com

Comment

Originally Posted by thelongbomber View Post
                    Were we even surprised he came back? What else would he do to earn millions of pounds? Open a hundred chip shops?
                    It's not surprising, indeed. He made a statement and had a few months off (which he planned to have anyway).

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookerFan View Post

Almost a cert he starts that again before 2013, or at the very least moaning about the Schedule.

Comment

Hes a bloody drama queen!

Comment

Anyone know if he'll play in the PL?

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie's tip View Post
                            Anyone know if he'll play in the PL?
                            HI Ronnies Tip he is not playing as he refused to sign the papers in time to play in the Premiere League however he will play in China and also in the Uk Champs 2012

Comment

Glad to hear he's back.

Comment

Working...
                              X