No announcement yet.

Ssb - judd trump: World no.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judd being nro 1 for only a month can't possibly be that sensitive issue.

Comment

• rankings really don't mean much in the game today. As I said for Selby to reach number one having only won 2 ranking titles is a pretty poor rating of who is the number one in the game. As the PTC's only started last season and Selby was already number one it has helped hold his ranking position because he plays in every event as he doesn't have any family commitments etc. We all know that there are a dozen or so players who can realistically win any title now and I highly doubt any player would trade titles for the no.1 spot.
      If they change it to a money list it will lose all relevance because all you have to do in win one of the major titles like a UK or WC and that will boost your ranking massively. You only need to play well for 2-3 weeks of the year and you could be number one!

Comment

• The change to a money list isn't an If, it's already decided. From season 2014 I believe is when the switch is taking place.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
          The change to a money list isn't an If, it's already decided. From season 2014 I believe is when the switch is taking place.
          The current Ranking system is much like the state of our game at the moment...A JOKE. If Ronnie is not playing then Judd is quite easily on his day the best in the game. Anyone who can hold a cue knows that. The players in the top 16 at the moment really arent the best 16.

As for Selby he will go down as a good player in the game nothing more, not a great, in fact border line bad sport as he shows utter disrespect for fellow professionals playing on when needing a ridiculous amount of snookers. You could argue this to be gamesmanship as nobody else does it and it slows the rythem of the player who has just won the frame. It reminds me of the famous Ebdon win over Ronnie, Ebdon broke down like a school girl in detention post match as in his heart he knew he cheated to win. I can't wait until one of the pro's turns to him and actually says something. People dont want to see that and they dont want to see Mark selby and his Churchill dog cue action amongst the balls either. I have plenty of arguements with people who call our sport boring but if they saw lasts night match i think i'd have to agree with them.

Comment

• Originally Posted by dcrackers147 View Post
            If Ronnie is not playing then Judd is quite easily on his day the best in the game. Anyone who can hold a cue knows that.
            I can hold a cue. I 100% don't agree. There are countless threads on here as to why he's not "On His Day The Best In The Game" as you put it. IMO he's one of the most overated players in recent times. Anyone who can form a bridge hand knows that. lol. :-)

Back on topic, Not sure what to make of this money ranking business. It would be ironic if the one player(you know who!!) who this system is designed for had retired by the time it comes into effect. lol.
            Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

• I find the whole "on his day" thing very confusing.

Surely on their best form, any one of a multitude of players can finish a frame in 1 visit ?

There are countless who have won concecutive frames ( even 3 or 4 frames ) in 1 visit

( not even total clearance needed for that ) , so how does this "on their day" thing work

when you've got 2 players playing each other, and both playing their "on their day" games ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                I find the whole "on his day" thing very confusing.

Surely on their best form, any one of a multitude of players can finish a frame in 1 visit ?

There are countless who have won concecutive frames ( even 3 or 4 frames ) in 1 visit

( not even total clearance needed for that ) , so how does this "on their day" thing work

when you've got 2 players playing each other, and both playing their "on their day" games ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Yeah, I agree. I think it's a reason for a fan of a particular player to give for them losing, rather then looking at how poor they may have played. For example, Judd crashes out of the 1st round of the UK? Oh, it just wasn't his day!
                Steve Davis Technical Articles = https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...ilebasic?pli=1

Comment

• Originally Posted by Giggity1984 View Post
                  Yeah, I agree. I think it's a reason for a fan of a particular player to give for them losing, rather then looking at how poor they may have played. For example, Judd crashes out of the 1st round of the UK? Oh, it just wasn't his day!
                  no there are certain players who can play shots that the others can't have an unbelievable part of their game a unique talent Judd is one of them. I love some of you on these forums, if half of you were ever at any comps you could do alot of debating because you would more than likely be out first round. You all have opinions on the games greats like O'Sullivan, Trump etc yet cannot play the game yourselves. It was my dream to turn pro from a young age, I didnt make the grade as anyone who has tried knows how hard it is. I Got fed up travelling the country and losing matches it was all becoming a costly affair of dissapointement.The reason I appreciate players like O'sullivan Trump etc is because they play the same way I always treid to play, which is attacking fluent, high scoring (obviously I never had a fraction of their talent) however nothing like the buzz of a century in a match or playing some exhibition shots once the frame was won.

Comment

I love some of you on these forums, if half of you were ever at any comps you could do alot of debating because you would more than likely be out first round. You all have opinions on the games greats like O'Sullivan, Trump etc yet cannot play the game yourselves.
                    I'm more confused now.

I'm not good at snooker, but I enjoy watching it.

I thought the whole idea of snooker competitions was for players who wanted to, to play each other.

Forums on the other hand , as far as I'm aware, are a good medium for ALL members of the general public,

to debate things. Are you saying that a forum isn't the place for debating ?

Should only good players be allowed to debate ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• nope not what I am saying at all. However unless you know how they played that shot, how difficult it is to do this and that, how pressure makes the greatest of cueists twitch a ball, experience a great chance to win a important match yourself and how much harder it is than having a few frames with your mate. I find it difficult personally to respect your views. An example to back up my point on here. A 100 break player might give some helpful advice to someone asking for it, then someone else who will never make a ton as long as they have a hole in their ar*e pipes up, questions the advice and matey boy who posted will take it. Live situation at the snooker club the 100 breaker might help this guy out, the forum know it all who cant pot 2 balls wouldnt even be apporached as he is no better at the game than they guy who needs the help.
                      I know people will now say "what about coaches they arent great players" which is fair enough they have studied the game and gained qualifications to teach. I will say a good coach is few and far between though and i am not going to name names but plenty have doen more harm than good.

Comment

I find it difficult personally to respect your views.
                        but I didn't express a view . I asked a question .

I started by saying I was confused, and asked for help to resolve my confusion.

That was all, no big deal really . . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                          but I didn't express a view . I asked a question .

I started by saying I was confused, and asked for help to resolve my confusion.

That was all, no big deal really . . .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          I didnt mean "your" as you persoanlly, it was meant in generic terms hence the explanations around it.

Comment

• Sorry, miss-understood .

Comment

• @dcrackers the level I play at is irrelevant. I have an opinion that Judd trump is overrated. I also have an opinion that the term "on their day" is a bit silly and is a fans excuse as pros can all be one visit players. I wasn't bashing you, I never said I knew better, I just took issue with you saying that everyone who can hold a cue knows that Judd is in the same ballpark as other players. Of course he's better then, say, me, but IMO he's not as good as the beeb hype him up to be.

Comment

• Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                                Judd Trump, by beating Peter Ebdon 9-1 in the semi-finals of the International Championship in Chengdu today, has become snooker’s new world no.1, only the tenth player to hold this position since the world rankings were introduced in 1976.
                                he was only keeping it warm, until Selby got it back

Alabbadi

Comment

Working...
                                X