Ssb - judd trumps robertson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ssb - judd trumps robertson

Everything I wrote about Judd Trump when he became world no.1 the other day still stands so I'm not going to repeat it (the story is here).

But today he once again displayed just why he's such a star when he beat Neil Robertson 10-8 to win the International Championship in Chendgu.

This was a gripping final which Robertson seemed to take charge of when he went 8-6 up, pouncing three times on a Trump mistake to win three successive frames.

But Trump played his best snooker of the match right at the end. He scrapped through the 15th frame and made breaks of 96 and 119 before killing the final off a frame later.

He comes home £125,000 richer and top of the world rankings. Not bad for a week's work.

But, of course, the work was done before he went, unseen by the general public.

I hope Trump celebrates this success with his pals. He deserves to. What's the point otherwise?

And then it's back to work ahead of his UK Championship title defence in York next month, where he will be the man to beat.

More...
Working...
X