Ssb - stephen lee: Fine career ends in disgrace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by steveflanuk View Post
    It seems like a lot of circumstantial evidence from what I understand which is why the CPS probably decided not to prosecute (i.e. no way of showing "beyond reasonable doubt") whereas WS case was based on a civil action (i.e. balance of probabilities)

It will be interesting to see what the outcome is as his case is being heard under the 'ole rules' so a lifetime ban is not absolutely definite. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 8 years or more (which is what Quinten Hann got) instead of a complete lifetime ban.
    I think if i were in charge I would put the ban at 18 months because of the balance of probabilities nature of the evidence. if you implement an 8 year ban they are sure to appeal against it and I would say will very likely get it overturned.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
      I am told most of the money was actually his earnings. I here the suspect figure is actually £600 !!
      Shouldn't he recieve his pay-cheques by himself?

Moreover, why then did he refuse to give an insight on his wife's bank account (curiouslywise not having one by himself)? I think the evidence presented is quite convincing, even if not criminal-court proven. Such court would want evidence of the suspect's will to throw the matches, I guess. So not easily proven without a confession.

However, adding up the bet-patterns and the communication/money-flow details it seems obvious, that Steven at least volunteered inside information to his manager/friends, who then used this for betting.
      Last edited by miscuehamburg; 18 September 2013, 09:25 PM.
      Ten reds and not a colour...

Comment

Working...
      X