X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Byrom
    replied
    Both these bits of information are incorrect -

They are all searching for that edge that bit of motivation and that re-assurance- just like many on here are but they are worse - don't you believe it -

Leave a comment:

• Rane
    replied
    I agree with you on this but I´m really surprised to hear that he´s never had a coach! But on the other side I was also very surprised that O´Sullivan hadn´t seen a mental coach before spring 2012. I really thought that the top players were working systematicly on the mental side of the game.

Leave a comment:

• gavpowell
    replied
    Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
    not just BBC
    Anyone know if he has a regular coach?
    He has no coach, never has - he said in an interview a couple of years ago that he doesn't see the need for one, that he can tell by instinct how to play.That makes his success all the more impressive to me. Not sure I've ever heard mention of Alex Higgins being coached by anyone either, come to that.

And Ronnie has said a few times that Judd puts the hours in on the practice table, so it could just be Trump is having a patch of bad luck. On the other hand, if Ronnie or Stephen Hendry can learn from a coach, Trump definitely can.

Leave a comment:

• mythman69
    replied
    Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
    he simply can't decide on what shoes to buy next
    Or what expensive watch to buy next

Leave a comment:

• j6uk
    replied
    he simply can't decide on what shoes to buy next

Leave a comment:

• the nugget
    replied
    I reckon the bbc did him no favours 2 or 3 years ago when they went all out proclaiming that he was the saviour of snooker when they thought ronnie was on the slide. Massively overrated compared to a hendry, ronnie ,white, davis or higgins of the same age then or still. His lack of tight cue ball control seems to be pretty pretty obvious to me compared to most of the greats of this game and then its back to the one trick pony stuff of deep screws, power shots etc. He relly needs to knuckle down and give the game some respect for the next couple of seasons or he may soon see himself getting overtaken by the latest generation of young uns on the way up!

Leave a comment:

• Raldon
    replied
    I guess Judd has worked really hard as a teen to become a very good player.
    Now he enjoyed his achievement...fair enough. But now it´s probably time to get back to hard work.
    Very hard work!

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
    Yes, or everyone on the forum could give him some free advice.

"could"? already do

Leave a comment:

• mythman69
    replied
    Originally Posted by robertmac View Post
    Perhaps he could visit one of the snooker coaches who have a
    solid track record to check out his technical side and his emotional
    side so he is fully prepared. Terry Griffiths comes to mind.
    Yes, or everyone on the forum could give him some free advice.

Leave a comment:

• robertmac
    replied
    Perhaps he could visit one of the snooker coaches who have a
    solid track record to check out his technical side and his emotional
    side so he is fully prepared. Terry Griffiths comes to mind.

Leave a comment:

• rovnos
    replied
    I don't think a player the scores (i think) 61 centuries in a season can be over rated ! It's very difficult to stay at the top of the rankings when you play such an attacking game, even Ronnie has to rein in his attacking instincts alot of the time. I think he just needs to find the right balance depending how he's playing at the time. In short, he'll improve with experience.

Leave a comment:

• luke-h
    replied
    I wouldn't say he's over rated as such, when he's on he is a match for anyone on the table, the trouble atm is his decline is being magnified by the fact relatively unknown players are getting further than him.

Leave a comment:

• bolton-cueman
    replied
    Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    this raises also the possibility that he is vastly over rated and actually does not have the talent mentally to do much in the game?
    a huge +1

the most overrated player on the circuit imho

Leave a comment:

• DeanH
    replied
    Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
    My thoughts exactly, he's been overhyped by the bbc ever since he got to the final of the wsc, I don't see him becoming world number one again, I'd like to be proved wrong but I just don't see it!
    not just BBC
    I thought last season he had "matured" but something not right this season, yet.
    Not a fan but sometimes he is entertaining to watch.
    Anyone know if he has a regular coach?

Leave a comment:

• SouthPaw
    replied
    Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    this raises also the possibility that he is vastly over rated and actually does not have the talent mentally to do much in the game?
    My thoughts exactly, he's been overhyped by the bbc ever since he got to the final of the wsc, I don't see him becoming world number one again, I'd like to be proved wrong but I just don't see it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X