phone calls distractions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phone calls distractions

do you guys have that one player in your snooker hall which constantly having phone calls and it throws your game off? i have this one guy in my snooker hall that just hasi his cellphone constantly ringing which is driving me crazy

We have signs that say no phones/on silent AND Do not use.

I find phones very distracting, even from across the hall and the keyboard clicks!!!! , No one needs to hear that they have hit a key that they are looking at?!?!?! (rant over )

Once there was a "visitor" (not a member) who answered his phone at the table, I got his attention (by eye-line) and pointed out the door and he signalled sorry and shuffled off out the hall.

Another time, there were three visitors using a table and the girl had music playing as well as clicking away. I called over (called not shouted ) and said please turn off the music and indicated the poster she was sitting under! She was embarrassed and the two guys playing also said sorry.

If you have any signs to this affect and you have rules of the hall to this affect and this person continually does this, then mention to the officials of the club, in our social club an member could be told their membership in danger due to not following the rules.

What we have more occurring is people talking in very loud voices around their table - and guess what, more often there is one or two of the league players involved!
    Comments where made to the snooker committee - who are also mostly league players!
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
      We have signs that say no phones/on silent AND Do not use.

I find phones very distracting, even from across the hall and the keyboard clicks!!!! , No one needs to hear that they have hit a key that they are looking at?!?!?! (rant over )

Once there was a "visitor" (not a member) who answered his phone at the table, I got his attention (by eye-line) and pointed out the door and he signalled sorry and shuffled off out the hall.

Another time, there were three visitors using a table and the girl had music playing as well as clicking away. I called over (called not shouted ) and said please turn off the music and indicated the poster she was sitting under! She was embarrassed and the two guys playing also said sorry.

If you have any signs to this affect and you have rules of the hall to this affect and this person continually does this, then mention to the officials of the club, in our social club an member could be told their membership in danger due to not following the rules.

What we have more occurring is people talking in very loud voices around their table - and guess what, more often there is one or two of the league players involved!
      Comments where made to the snooker committee - who are also mostly league players!
      he not only used his phones very often, but sometimes in the middle of the frame he would just take off for 30 minutes for a phone call which is driving me crazy

Comment

Has anyone talked to him?
        Are you in a snooker club (public/private) or a social club?
        Has anyone gone to the management to talk to him?
        If it is constant then he needs to be told to eff-off out of the hall!

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
          Has anyone talked to him?
          Are you in a snooker club (public/private) or a social club?
          Has anyone gone to the management to talk to him?
          If it is constant then he needs to be told to eff-off out of the hall!
          well, theres not much we can do, plus pretty much everyone including me who plays here are pretty in tight with the owner, so we cant just ask him to leave or lock him out, which sucks

Comment

? did you mean the offender is tight with the owner?
            "leave or lock him out" just to start with, ask him to leave his phone alone in the hall, if he has a call to leave the hall... not the club, just the hall for the duration of the call.

I would say to the owner that this person - one person - is ruining the experience to many others so much so that they are considering not coming to his club. One outweighed by the many
            Even if he is tight with the owner, if he is making the majority of customers annoyed, the owner has to deal with "his friend". Maybe the owner does not know that his friend is "playing on the tightness" to the detriment of the majority.
            Often I have found that owners do not like "their friends" abusing their friendship.

Let us know what happens

Comment

Don't play him and tell him why.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                Don't play him and tell him why.
                oh yes, if he ever asked me I would tell him were to go

[... outside the hall with his phone LOL ]

Comment

Tell him straight. It's not on. That's not cricket Harry, sorry snooker....
                  ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

As soon as he walks in everyone else leaves, that would get his attention and the club owner as well.
                    Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
                    but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

It can be incredibly frustrating to deal with constant phone calls disrupting your snooker game. Have you tried talking to the player or the management about the distraction? Establishing some etiquette guidelines for phone use during games might help maintain focus for everyone in the hall.

Comment

Working...
                      X