Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSB - BBC to downsize Red Button broadcast service

Article Source on The Snooker Blog

The BBC Red Button service which delivers us coverage of two tables at The UK Championships, World Snooker Championships and the only coverage more .....

I was thinking of getting the subscription service from the world snooker website but it seems that i may only be able to watch a small percentage of the tournaments, but will be able to watch a lot of the qualifiers? Do you have any opinion on whether this service is any good? I want to watch more online but not sure where to watch......
    :snooker:

Comment

If you want to watch PTC events and qualifying match then yes it is good but if is is just the major events you are looking to watch then it is a waste of money but it does really depend on what TV services your have, what internet provider you have and what events you want to watch.

For example I am with SKY so I have EuroSport on the TV and on SKY GO so I can watch PTC events and Chinese events on there and because I have SKY Unlimited broadband then I do not have to worry about how much online TV I am watching.

If you have a broadband service which charges per GB used then no online TV streaming is worth the money, unfortunately at the moment this also goes for watching on mobile devices as they all have fair usage policies.

Comment

I thought as much, i am about to get rid of sky telly but do have sky unlimited broadband, getting rid of sky tv as i can't really afford it anymore but need to keep the internet. I didn't have any sports channels anyway as it's not worth it just for for the amount of snooker the events shown, i watch the f1 too but am happy with the coverage bbc offer, i think its just a better show, i think the same for the snooker, they're just really good at these things, pity the audience just isn't there anymore for most of the events (i may be wrong on this, correct me if so). Thanks for clarifying mate.
        :snooker:

Comment

Best thing for you to do is cancel your sky contract and get a new one under someone else's name that lives in your house .

You then take advantage of the new customer offers and all so remember that eurosport is free, you do not have this. Be subscribed to the sports channels to get it and you can still use sky go to watch it.

Comment

Any chance of us having a permenant (what's on where) thread on the home page, I live in the vercinaty of Munich and sort of miss alot of snooker because of the terrible coverage in Germany. Having said that, I do have the chance to watch German eurosport with Rolf Kalb as a commentator, but he's a dick without a plan. :-)

I also bet that I won't be able to watch the live streams from the BBC, with me not being in GB. :-(
            Quote : It took me eight hours a day for 16 years to become an overnight sensation! Cliff Thorburn

Comment

...and we were led to believe that tv/media coverage of snooker is just A-ok and there is nothing to be alarmed about at all.

Comment

I can put a calendar up with the coverage and put a link on the home page but not at the moment, just too busy.

If it is not done in a week or so, someone send me a message and remind me please.

Comment

Originally Posted by arbitrage View Post
                  ...and we were led to believe that tv/media coverage of snooker is just A-ok and there is nothing to be alarmed about at all.
                  In Eurosport it is "A-ok" as mentioned more than often (thanks to your relentless sticking to one or two subjects only), no one has ever mentioned BBC. Of course, your beloved shot-clock snooker was put behind red-button on Sky. That's how popular it is.

How are you feeling, btw?

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                    Best thing for you to do is cancel your sky contract and get a new one under someone else's name that lives in your house .

You then take advantage of the new customer offers and all so remember that eurosport is free,
                    Exactly what I done a short while ago.
                    My pal tried getting getting the same deal by saying he would cancel and they just said 'ok goodbye'

Comment

Working...
                    X