ADR147 Cues from Thialand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ADR147 Cues from Thialand

Has anyone played with one of the cues from Thialand that ADR147 sells and how do they compare to the English cues made by people like Jason Owen ?

I have an ADR 1 piece cue and I love it, it needed a bit of refinishing to suit me but other than that amazing quality. Plays lovely.

I'm also loving the ADR tips, I've only tried soft so far but well impressed.

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave_marsy View Post
      Has anyone played with one of the cues from Thialand that ADR147 sells and how do they compare to the English cues made by people like Jason Owen ?
      Don't be surprised Dave if you buy one & find out it's one of the best cues you've used.

The quality coming out of Thailand at present is astonishing.

Comment

I had an adr cue previously. Was a lovely cue, I think everyone on here will tell you the same. Top cues at a great price too
        I went into a chemist and asked for a deodorant, the assistant said "ball, stick or aerosol", "No, I want it for under my arms!" was my reply.

Comment

Yes it's a nice cue ....no complaints
          Just got to get some table time

Comment

Had ...so you have replaced it ?

Comment

Originally Posted by ChrisG1011 View Post
              I have an ADR 1 piece cue and I love it, it needed a bit of refinishing to suit me but other than that amazing quality. Plays lovely.

I'm also loving the ADR tips, I've only tried soft so far but well impressed.
              So what did you do to it ....I have sanded mine down a bit ....the ADR147 tip plays good but I found it hard to shape and trim

Comment

ADR147 Cues from Thialand

Dominic Dale said in an tv interview a couple of years ago that Thiland cue makers were the best in the world.
                Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

So what did you do to it ....I have sanded mine down a bit ....the ADR147 tip plays good but I found it hard to shape and trim
                  I used 800, 1200, 1500, 2000 then 3000 wet and dry paper, I then applied adr147 cue oil and it's perfect now.

The tips are harder than elks etc to shape but I prefer that, it plays excellent, it's not all the cue but my games come on a lot. The trouble I have is I get so much more reaction from cue ball than I've been used to and it catches me out, just need to get more used to it.

Comment

I just sanded it down a little ...it's silky smooth now ,,,not added any oil ..linseed oil is all you need just a few drops
                    Yes I like the tip the more spin the better for me ...means I do t have to thump the ball
                    My only criticism is that the taper isn't perfect if you put a straight edge on the cue so it wobbles a little if you roll it on the table ...but it don't put me off or effect my play

Comment

i bought my first cue from (ebay)chinese and have had allso jin -yang cue..i accidently droped my cue and it snaped at the brass joint to my horror whare it was supposed to be black ebony it was actually a ligjt colour wood and certainly not ebony.they use fake vanears .non of the exotic wood is real its all fake...however i still liked the cue..just be aware its all fake wood..sorry to dissapoint ya....think the chinese cues are all the same..

Comment

My brother plays with an ADR cue. And by the look of it, he has found the Holy Grail. He would'nt want to play with other cue.
                        I have tried a few shots with his cue. Too much response on that piece of wood .
                        I would'nt want to play with it on a match table with those fast cloths !!

I do'nt know where they come from and who made it and tbh , I do'nt care either .
                        But imo, it's worth the money .
                        They do'nt have TW OR MW finish though !!
                        My brother used abit STEEL WOOL 0000 grade and re-finished it with MW Oile .

Having said that, you gonna have to consider that each cue has it's own character and each player has his own style of play and technique.

It is very hard to say that one brand cue, is the best. There is no such a thing.
                        At the end you gonna have to try it .
                        But in general speaking, I would say : they are good players.

Just my 2 cents .

Comment

I think someone missed the Thai gate thread lol

Comment

I just sanded it down a little ...it's silky smooth now ,,,not added any oil ..linseed oil is all you need just a few drops
                            Yes I like the tip the more spin the better for me ...means I do t have to thump the ball
                            My only criticism is that the taper isn't perfect if you put a straight edge on the cue so it wobbles a little if you roll it on the table ...but it don't put me off or effect my play
                            You can have 100% straight cues that wobble when you roll them on the table and have bent cues that roll straight.
                            This means nothing. Only way to tell if the cue is straight is by looking down the cue.

Comment

Hello, I leave my opinion about the cues of ADR147, I have a classic 3/4, and despite its low weight and excess lacquer which I sanding and oiling later, I am very good, it is a taco of good rigidity and precise, thin body, I repeat for my taste is too light has 18 ounces and 9, 3 mm of ferrule. For its cost is more than good, I almost do not use it but I'm sorry to sell it because after the treatment that made it look fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                              X