Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
    Not enough money in it for Barry.

I think the only real way forward for women's snooker is to find a female player who can compete at international level against the men. If that ever happens she will get loads of sponsorship and coverage. It hasn't happened yet and maybe never will. I don't know. As long as there is a women's only league which operates at locla snooker league level it is never going to be taken seriously.
    The best current female player is Reanne Evans. I saw a documentary piece about her on the news, or similar. I believe she has the ability and dedication to compete but the biggest problem for her IMO is sponsorship/money. She has to work full time, in addition to practicing, and leading a normal life. In the past women snooker players have jumped ship and gone to America to play pool, where the money is far better, like Allison Fisher for example.

The money/sponsorship problem is a bit of a catch-22. Until there is money to be made on womens snooker, through advertising or even just plain ticket sales, there will be no sponsorship for players. Until there is sponsorship for players they will not have the time to practice and reach the required standard to compete with the men, or even just play to a standard that the general snooker public are going to be interested to pay money to see.
    "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
    - Linus Pauling

Comment

We have had this discussion loads of times. It is necessary for a player to reach a certain standard before any sponsor will touch him or her. Any woman who really was international standard (not women's international standard) would get masses of sponsorship. Until that happens women's snooker is going to be a cinderella sport.
      王可

Comment

Working...
      X