Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An android app for snooker player.

Hello snooker people.

I am working on a personal since a couple of weeks. It is an android application that you can use as pointer ans stats tracker. I just released the first version of it today and I am waiting for some user to test it, make suggestions, give me new stats idea and suggestions.

Here is a link to download the application.

Link to google play

I hope you will enjoy the application and i give me some feedback.

There is a word missing in my first post :

Originally Posted by kevinlg View Post
    Hello snooker people.

I am working on a personal application since a couple of weeks. It is an android application that you can use as pointer ans stats tracker while playing a snooker game. I just released the first version of it today and I am waiting for some user to test it, make suggestions, give me new stats ideas and suggestions.

Here is a link to download the application.

Link to google play

I hope you will enjoy the application and i give me some feedback.

Comment

Can you explain what it is for and how/why we would use it during a game, what we would get out of it?

Comment

During your snooker game, the application helps to provide you with information regarding the points remaining on the table, the current break, and the time spent on the game.

It also helps to keep track of the number of shots made and balls pocketed by you.

Furthermore, you can also keep track of the statistics of each opponent you play against.

We tried to make the scoreboard as easy to use as possible. So it would be great if you could provide us your feedback on how you think it can be improved. Also do you think that having some kind of electronic scoreboard could be a better idea?

We are regular players of Snooker, but are not Snooker experts. So it would be very helpful if we are provided with suggestions on those statistics which are key in a Snooker game.
        This is the first version of this application.

So any tips / advices are welecome. We will try our best to answer every question.

Comment

During a game of snooker one should not be looking at any mobile phone or device or thinking about anything other than playing the game, one does not want this sort of information put to one during a frame. Some stats may be useful afterwards but when playing minimum distraction is vital and other than the scoreboard one is using to keep score and the one in your head telling you how many are left on the table, one should not need anything else.

I'm probably alone in using a mobile phone jammer if I'm playing seriously to kill phones within a few tables vicinity of my table but then I always like the simple solution, much easier than getting annoyed and having to ask someone to turn it off.

That said I'll have a look, it may be useful if someone else is operating it for later digestion, though a video would be better.

Comment

Mobile phone jammer sounds like a good idea
            Phones/devices should be banned from a snooker hall

Comment

Originally Posted by kevinlg View Post
              During your snooker game, the application helps to provide you with information regarding the points remaining on the table, the current break, and the time spent on the game.

It also helps to keep track of the number of shots made and balls pocketed by you.

Furthermore, you can also keep track of the statistics of each opponent you play against.

We tried to make the scoreboard as easy to use as possible. So it would be great if you could provide us your feedback on how you think it can be improved. Also do you think that having some kind of electronic scoreboard could be a better idea?

We are regular players of Snooker, but are not Snooker experts. So it would be very helpful if we are provided with suggestions on those statistics which are key in a Snooker game.
              This is the first version of this application.

So any tips / advices are welecome. We will try our best to answer every question.
              I don't think any of this information is necessary, people have managed since the game was invented, so why distract yourself from the game ????
              Makes no sense at all

Comment

doesnt work on the S3 anyway. installed it to have a nosey, crashed twice, uninstalled.

Comment

Might have been useful for Tony Meo. Didn't he used to take a calculator into his matches, so poor was his maths?
                  "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

It can be very helpful for beginners in particular.
                    I would use it when playing alone for training purposes.

Also, if you are a watcher at a tournament and the scoreboard is visually blocked or too far away for you to see the scores.

Great App!

Comment

Alright Kevinlg,
                      I have just had a little look at the app, and without going into whether this should be used in a snooker hall or not I think the idea is pretty good and something I have thought might be useful for a while. However having used it for a couple of mock frames I think that it lacks any usefulness to push downloads along. There seems to be no point unless you can't add or you don’t have a score board. It does give you a breakdown of scoring over the frame but again this isn't something I would worry about. Time spent on the table is fairly irrelevant.
                      I think in order to make an app that is useful and usable you could make the end result the stats that you get on the BBC coverage of snooker. i.e. shot success as a percentage and average time per shot. You could even break it down into shot success with the rest etc but this would take more thought. For this application a simple pot ball or miss command could be inputted by a simple tap or swipe of the screen (clearly it would need to know that you’re attempting a pot for success rate). This also has the benefit of not necessitating the user to look at the screen. The silent phone could be put on the side of the table with the screen in blank mode - suiting the surroundings a bit more. The data could then be monitored over a medium to long time frame to give the player an idea of how he or she is improving/ developing.

Also where does streak come from?
                      Forget it, Donny, you're out of your element

Comment

Working...
                      X