Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/4 cue Ash what's the best make for £150

What's the best cue manufacturer for about £150

Master Cue or talk to ADR147 on here. I looked at £150 Master Cues locally and wasn't impressed, the recent price hike has taken the basic hand spliced 1 piece from £170 ish to nearer £200. I bought a cue from adr147 to use until I had enough to get one made for me by J6 hopefully, for the money it's great, nicely finished and plays well, it will be passed on to my eldest as he's taking a bit of an interest in playing on a more regular basis.

Comment

Who makes the master cues ....I was thinking about the ADR147 cues
      Did it play well
      Is it comparable to. A Jason Owen cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Dave_marsy View Post
        Did it play well
        Master Cues are made by ......Master Cues funnily enough in Thailand

Comment

Did it play well
          I don't have a clue how it compares to hand made UK cues. It feels better than the equivalent Master Cue and similar to a Series One Ton Praram. It's impossible/hard to give real comparisons at the level I play at, there is a bigger impact on the way the cue plays going from 9.3mm to 9.7mm tip than from an ADR147 cue to a Ton Praram at £120 more. Changing from similar cues with a medium instead of a hard(er) tip also made a bigger difference than a £100 change in cue cost when talking about hand splice cues from Thailand (unless you drop lucky and find one that you gel with immediately and has a shaft that plays well). Well this is my experience from the last month as I've tried different brands, tip sizes, balance points and weights of cue.

It's certainly not the weak point in my game and won't be for the foreseeable future, as soon as I've got the money I'll get J6 to make me a cue now, that I know what specification I want, and trust his far greater experience, skill and judgement to pick me one that plays well (I don't think the J6's, Ninjas etc would let one that doesn't feel right out of their workshop anyway).

Comment

The only true way is to play with the cue ...tip is very important
            A J6 will cost you a petty penny and no guarantee you will like it ...it's a chance you take ..you could build your game around it

Comment

The only true way is to play with the cue ...tip is very important
              A J6 will cost you a petty penny and no guarantee you will like it ...it's a chance you take ..you could build your game around it
              That's true, but, I know what specification I prefer, cannot travel around the country trying lots of cues and trust that some people know a lot more about how a good shaft should play than I do. This gives me enough confidence to do what I've said I'm going to do and end up with something I like.

The two threads you've started suggest you are in a similar position to many of us and can't go and try a Jason Owen et al that easily, this makes the comment about buying a cue without trying it for a while a bit odd. I'm making assumptions admittedly but you asked for opinions and I gave you one plus a little more information about my buying decisions.

Comment

I recently bought a ADR147 cue 3/4 ash. Played my first 2 hour with it tonight and I'm very happy!.. the shaft is a little hairy across bridge hand but I think just a very light sand it needed as it was probably sitting in shop for a while before I bought it. I reccomend going amd testing one out. I got it for 200e.

Comment

pound for pound you should not be able to do better than mine unless I am having an off day!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

One you made ?....who makes the ADR147 range do you import them

Comment

One you made ?....who makes the ADR147 range do you import them
                      mostly they are made for me or they would be a lot more expensive - there are some I made but they will have a blue or black enamel badge.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Get yourself an unbadged Butters cue, for well under your budget. It will be totally hand made and should play pretty well. Although I'm not sure if he does 3/4 cues, you don't want one of those anyway you want a one piece.
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Your right about the one piece...just thought it be a bit Easyer to get about with
                          I bought a one piece cue it's a ADR147

Comment

Your right about the one piece...just thought it be a bit Easyer to get about with
                            I bought a one piece cue it's a ADR147
                            Read some good reviews about them, hope you love it. Having dealt with ADR many times he won't let you down, that's for sure.
                            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

James Butters cues aren't that easy to get hold of....wish you had replied sooner ...the ADR147 cue is ok but not had much table time with it ...plus I'm going to put my own tip on it has I'm not to keen on Elk Master tips ..struggling to play power shots but I think it's more my cue action ...had a 25 year break from the game ...for some reason I now drop my elbow ...never used to before

Comment

Working...
                              X