What you’d like to see in WSC 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you’d like to see in WSC 2008

OK so the 2007 one has only just come out, but I thought it would be a good idea to put together some suggestions/improvements that could be included in the next version (the developers might just browse these forums now and again!)

I’ve put some ideas below to start things off (please note I play the Xbox 360 version, so I apologise if some of these are already in other console/PC versions)

1. Statistics - I’d like to see how many centuries, 50+ breaks, foul committed, safety shots played, reds/colours potted, frames/matches won/lost, cue ball travelled distance?!! Etc (obviously this would be separate to the “stat points”)

2. Current season stats/improved calendar – At the moment I have no idea how far I progressed in previous tournaments (this could always be reset at the start of each new season) Plus the calendar is a bit crap!

3. Use money winnings to buy new items - such as snazzy new waist coats, groovy new cues, tie bows?! Etc. Lets see us put our earnings to use!

4. Option to adjust aiming aids – At the moment there is just on or off. I’d like to see various stages of the aiming aids to be adjusted i.e. one line on/off, 2 lines on/off, cue ball ending spot on/off etc.

5. Ability to set up online leagues & cups

Any other ideas please add!

one question sir-are you actually interested in snooker itself or only the play station-xbox or psp version ?

Comment

Originally Posted by archicrooks
      one question sir-are you actually interested in snooker itself or only the play station-xbox or psp version ?
      A question back to you sir - what relevance is that question in a "Sega World Snooker Championship 2007" forum?

And in answer to your question, of course I am interested in snooker otherwise I would not have bought the game. I am merely using the link made available to me from the Sega website.

Comment

the answer to your question is probably none at all

i was just curious as you seem a very big fan of this game !!

no harm in that sir-!!!!!

by the way i havent got wsc2007 yet but i did have a break of 135 on the the 2005 version-97 more than my best effort on a real snooker table !!

Comment

Haha OK cool, yeah I love this game!

My highest break in this is also 135 (which I got today), but in real life its only 41 Thats why I like playing this game - makes me feel better then I actually am in real life! haha

I'm very good at pool though.......... (probably a forbidden word in these forums though )

Comment

Wsc 2008 (2009)

World Snooker Championship 2007 isn’t such a challenging game like WSC 2005. I’m talking about the aiming aid expert (short), which was very difficult but not unfair. I played a whole season with aiming aid short and I was very proud about my achievement. What should high skilled players do with WSC 2007 ? Snooker pros like me are complete under-demanded !
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XkmOeDCUJg

And why there’s no chatting possibility in the online mode ? That would make communication with people without a headset much easier.

Sega&Blade please release PC Version WSC 2008 (2009).
            My Youtube page: http://de.youtube.com/profile?user=S...ar&view=videos

My Vimeo Page:
            http://vimeo.com/user1333131sigpic

Comment

I'd appreciate a PC version with higher difficulty and realism than the 2005 version.

Comment

unlocking legendary players like the claasics, alex higgings, steve davis classic etc
                Legend >>>>> Steve Davis 4 Lyf
                ......Respect snooker......

Comment

I have a few points, but I have the game for only a week so maybe some of my wishes are in the unlockables (please tell me if so).
                  1. In Tutorial-->Free Snooker you have the possibillity to place the cue-ball where you want, but it would be nice to be able to place object balls as well. This would be handy if you try all sorts of spin on a particular shot, playing the same position over and over again. Sofar, if you are clever you can use a color to do this, because it will be respotted all the time. The problem arises when you miss the pot. Than you cannot recreate the shot.
                  All of the above idea can also be done if there is an UNDO-function in free snooker. So either an UNDO-option or an option to move object-balls would be a welcome addition

2. Please tweak the ball-physics! Especially when the cue-ball hits another ball or a cushion it looses far too much pace. For example, if you do a break-off shot where you play white on the usual way to the baulk-end, you have to play the shot with quite some speed to get it there (compared with 'real' snooker).

3. Improve the right analog cueing method. Sofar you only can do the shot if you keep the cue completely still when moved backward, before going forward. For an example how to get this improved, please watch the Virtual Pool series from Celeris.

4. I would like to see some improvements of the 3D Snooker-players.

Comment

I'd like to see it for PC!!! AGGGGGGGHHHH!!!
                    2010 World Open Prediction Contest Winner

Comment

Originally Posted by Skypigeon
                      can anyone confirm WCS 2007 will be released for PC ? Maybe a later date ?

Comment

Originally Posted by Skypigeon
                        I would also like to see it released for PC. Does anyone know why this latest version wasn't?

Comment

Okay - good thread. I've been waiting to moan about the flaws in these games. I've emailed Blade on three occassions and not once have they had the courtesy to even acknowledge me.

2007 FLAWS: (PS2 version)

1. The crowd's 'Ooh's' and 'Arghh's' get caught in a loop after every near miss
                          2. Your character sometimes fails to line up with the cue ball when taking a shot
                          3. The balls aren't shiny enough

2005 FLAWS: (PS2)

1. The rules are incorrect in several areas (the miss rule isn't applied strictly enough, a miss is sometimes called when snookers are required)

2. AI needs improving. A very difficult area indeed, but some of the shots the pros play are laughable - espeically when snookered or in a tricky situation

3. The camera angles can be annoying, and need to represent TV's cameras more accurately - for instance when the pocket cam is used, the view stays inside the pocket long after the ball is potted and you're left wondering what the balls on the table are doing. On television, once a ball is potted, the director will always switch to the main full table view, so that viewers can appreciate the positional side of the shot.

4. And most of all, the score banner in the full table view need moving BELOW the top cushion, not over the top of it so that it obscures any balls there AND the two corner pockets!
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

1.It would help if the players in the game, looked more like the real players. I mean, look at Steven Lee, he looks nothing like that.

2.More flexibility in comentating. I mean, it's all a bit bad really, I'd prefere a couple more rare coments, like "How's he going to get out of this one."

3. The commentators telling you what shot to play, they keep saying it, and usually, its the wrong shot!
                            http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/398/stickmenzl3.gif

I wish someday, I will witness a 155 break.

Comment

I just bought the PS3 version of World Snooker Championship 2007 and to my surprise they changed the ball-physics. My complain ( for which I mailed them ) was that the balls lost a lot of pace after hitting the cushion.
                              They improved on that! Now you don't need to shoot 100 miles an hour anymore to get the ball round the table. Well done!
                              The look has changed slightly as well. The balls are a slightly less shiney.
                              I think they did that because they used 780p as highest resolution ( 1080i at the 360 ). I find that a bit strange as PS3 is well capable of using 1080i resolution. Although the resolution is less good as on the 360, the game still looks great, but hopefully they put it back to 1080i next time...

Comment

Working...
                              X