Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker Plus, different strategies and other stuff

Hi all

I'm just wondering if anyones given snooker plus a good stint in season mode or played more than a couple of matches and has any tips or stategies for achieving high breaks of 150 or more (the equavalent of a century at snooker) for me. Take the 50 or more points of 210 (max at snooker plus) is 150 and 50 off 147 and u have essentially the same standard of break.

I say this because its much easier to score a century on snooker plus due to the extra orange and purple balls so a break of 100 is probably about equavalent to a 50-60 break at regulation snooker.

Golden Cue, anyone played it or have any info, can u play snooker plus on it?

Im at the world championships in my first season with a strong chance of winning it if past form is anything to go by (4 tournament wins, 5 finals, 110 centuries and 7 147s) that is as long as i get by Hendry in the semis lol, has anyone played Joe Davis?

My brother played him lost 9-0 on wcs 2003, he made 8 centuries (5 of which were 140 + breaks and an 80 clearnace)! He missed one ball and fouled on another by potting a colour in the same shot, its as if the game says you thought you were good now watch this!

Thanks for reading all that any tips and advice woudl be appreciated

Maybe you don't mind that I find your post a bit strange?
    I am not surprised why nobody still answered your appeal for advice.

You ask for advice and at the same time you want us to believe that you made several 147's in snooker.
    It's one way or the other:
    - you speak the truth about the 147 breaks, in wich case you don't need any advice from us.
    - you only bragged to make your post more interesting and you are indeed a poor player who wants any advice.

That explains why nobody is able to adequately answer your question

Comment

snooker plus

hanterp:

Not at all, what I should have said was how to go about achieving breaks of 200 or more, does this strategy differ from achieving 150+ breaks, and thats assuming theyre are any other worthwhile strategies, and I wasnt bragging about the 147s or anything else, im an honest player, no offence taken btw.

I really meant it was more difficult to play a high quality game overall because its more difficult to play safe at times so I was struggling against top players as opposed to snooekr, and their breakbuilding seems to be better due to the extra balls so they dont run out of position as often.

Is this mode playable in hybrid mode, id like to check it out but i dont want to lose my current snooker progress (three quarters through second season 23rd ranking, a lot to get back if I could be bothered!)

Comment

I never played snooker plus. In normal snooker I find it hard to play safe well.
        In stats the safety-bar is still at zero, despite I have a lot of safety-exchanges and even snookers with the pro-opponents. Attacking stats are 100% and that is not really a good representation of my playing-style.
        How is that at yours?
        I cannot help you with your question because I keep playing normal snooker until I am world champion Sofar I am in my second season and I won the Malta-cup and the China open. I am 31th on the world ranking.

Comment

I've found over time my risk and safety stats gradually decreased, risk im described as a player who almost always plays safe and my safety stats are no blue part on the 4 blue bars in the stats section, yet im one of the riskiest players, im not bad at safety, ive made some messups but overall im good to quite good most of the time and yet the stats still decrease. Ive also found that the positional aid becomes slightly less reliable as the stats increase, are kicks part of the game, sometimes the cue ball goes nowhere near or way short of where the ball shouild be going?

For me if black or pink are out of play and risky reds are on that I know i could pot, id rather play til the black or pink are open if thats achieveable in the next few shots and then take the risky red on, especially if im confident that my opponent will miss or not take it on, i like to leave reds to stay on when splitting packs too.

I often play a half ball shot off the end red of a flat back pack early with top spin and lots of power, cue ball will end somewhere between blue and pink and almost certainly land on a red, this is especially useful if theres a red on a cushion you can play next in case it goes pear shaped. The downside is that often blue and pink will get moved, however not often into awful positions, its a great shot if it works though!

Ive found also that earlier versions of the game were more difficult due to the lack of a positional aid, this game is more about the level of knowledge you already have about playing pro snooker well, you must be good to very good to win tournaments, hendry takes some beating!

Comment

This turns out into an interesting discussion:
            Let me go into your post:

Originally Posted by breakman16
            I've found over time my risk and safety stats gradually decreased, ....risk im described as a player who almost always plays safe and my safety stats are no blue part on the 4 blue bars in the stats section, yet im one of the riskiest players, im not bad at safety, ive made some messups but overall im good to quite good most of the time and yet the stats still decrease....
            I was a 'risky' player from the beginning and my safe stats has never turned up, always at zero. Would it be something you are allocated at when you create the profile?
            Ive also found that the positional aid becomes slightly less reliable as the stats increase, are kicks part of the game, sometimes the cue ball goes nowhere near or way short of where the ball shouild be going?
            Yes! that's what I was wondering as well! See my topic: http://www.thesnookerforum.com/sega-...tats-4303.html
            For me if black or pink are out of play and risky reds are on that I know i could pot, id rather play til the black or pink are open if thats achieveable in the next few shots and then take the risky red on, especially if im confident that my opponent will miss or not take it on, i like to leave reds to stay on when splitting packs too.
            That is a different style to me indeed. I don't bother if black or pink are out of commission; when I have the chance I make the break and try to look ahead to go back for an available colour.
            I often play a half ball shot off the end red of a flat back pack early with top spin and lots of power, cue ball will end somewhere between blue and pink and almost certainly land on a red, this is especially useful if theres a red on a cushion you can play next in case it goes pear shaped. The downside is that often blue and pink will get moved, however not often into awful positions, its a great shot if it works though!
            I do it different. I look where the pack of reds look a bit weaker and aim for that. Is it a solid pack, I do the same as you describe, inclusive the top-spin.
            Ive found also that earlier versions of the game were more difficult due to the lack of a positional aid, this game is more about the level of knowledge you already have about playing pro snooker well, you must be good to very good to win tournaments, hendry takes some beating!
            This is my first version, but I like the different approach of more or less giving away the potting angle and let you play positional. Especially the fact you get a ton against you when your safety is not spot on makes it so exiting

Comment

It is exciting, I dont mind when they pot silly balls and clear up otherwise it wouldnt be too hard to win 7 1 8 0 10 1 every time (I play on accurate mode, even though its not very accurate!)

In previous versions of the game qualifiers were first to 5, quarters were first to 5, semis first to 6 and finals first to 9, fully accurate, including a full length world championship, the top 4 players were very tough then!

I won that at my third attempt, got close to a undefeated season, and it was slightly easier to pot but you needed decent position all the time. Im hoping to slam (go undefeated) for the entire season, especially in season 4 when i get to the invitationals etc, a proper full season, 200 centuries and counting, i love making centuries!

I always wondered on previous versions I played (2003) how many centuries id made, somewhere over 100 for sure, so im writing them down as I score them, break, total clearance or not, frame score, opponent, and event.

I'd be more agressive if I was playing a human too, potting and splitting packs, because I know they would be able to pot more and would generally be more dangerous players all round, what do i need to go online, ive got a slim ps2?

Hope you can help, any other observations, im sure kicks exist in the game!

Comment

Don't like Snooker extra, I find it a bit pointless.
                http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/398/stickmenzl3.gif

I wish someday, I will witness a 155 break.

Comment

Originally Posted by breakman16
                  Hope you can help, any other observations, im sure kicks exist in the game!
                  I wonder how the ball-physics were in previous versions. I found that the cushions take a lot of pace out off the balls. Don't you agree? When you compare it with real television-tournaments there is a huge difference!
                  Just see how much power you must put into the shot when making a standard break ( the one were you diagonally cross the table, passing the blue, finishing approximately behind the green ).
                  That should definately be corrected in the next version. I wrote them about it, but got no answer...

Comment

Working...
                  X