Positional play-stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positional play-stats

About positional play : I used to play pretty well using the positional circle.
    Lately the circle become more and more unreliable when positional stats increase. Is that the same with you guys?
    I mean, for example, the circle shows that the ball will pass the yellow ball when returning to the baulkside. After executing that particular shot, the white collide with the yellow in stead of passing it, leaving a chance for my AI opponent, who replies with a 72 break: Match over!
    When the positional stats where at only 8 or 9, things worked better than with my current stats of 14.

What are you guys experiences about this??

Hmmm... maybe coincidence. Now the game goes normal again. I probably got a bit of bad luck

Comment

Did you get a kick. I looked at the manufactures websites, they actually employ them into the game... I wouldn't really know, I'm ranked no. 32...
      http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/398/stickmenzl3.gif

I wish someday, I will witness a 155 break.

Comment

Could be. Were can I find that manufactures website?
        I like to know which features are in the game
        BTW I am ranked 31 st, so very close to you!

Comment

It's sega.....
          http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/398/stickmenzl3.gif

I wish someday, I will witness a 155 break.

Comment

I just looked at Sega, but in the description of the game it says nothing about kicks.
            Please can you place the link where you did read that? Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by Lee Vilenski View Post
              Did you get a kick. I looked at the manufactures websites, they actually employ them into the game... I wouldn't really know, I'm ranked no. 32...
              I've never heard the commentators refer to a kick or a miscue, but often, and seemingly always when I am playing a delicate safety against Stephen Hendry or O'Sullivan (who are 100% reliably in top form and will clear the rest of the table if you let them pot anything) the ball will simply go around half the distance the shadow/circle indicates. If it is a kick or a miscue 'feature' it should give you the option to have the ball cleaned or to chalk your cue so you at least have some control over the thing rather than being simply a random 'lose frame'. Unless it is related to one of the stats such as 'pressure'. I prefer the stat building system to the easy/medium/hard system in the older games but I wish it was more documented. I have no idea what kind of strategy I should be using in building them.

Anyway, losing a semi-final match to Hendry to this quirk sent me storming to the official site which sent me here. So hello I guess. Not much of player but a long time fan and spectator of the sport.

Comment

The black positional circle doesn't determine cannons, so it can be very cheeky sometimes. As for shots that come up short, maybe you should check if your slightly hampered by other balls or maybe it's just a bad area of the table ie the cushion because they do decrease your shot power by some way. Just add a touch of top spin and you'll be fine!!

Comment

Working...
                X