Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Masters

Hi All.

I've just played the Masters and got kicked out after the my first round victory, ronnie won the tournament, i got 1750 points and 6.000 prize money.

However, I think I've figured it out, next year I'll be able to win the tournament because only the top 8 are allowed into the quarter final and beyond stages, this way you can play the Masters qualifier (as in to unlock the venue in versus mode) but not the rest of the tournament due to not been ranked in the top 8.

I was ranked 9th at the time, the same thing happened in the Pot Black Cup, I'm convinced that as the snooker ranking system in real life only allows top 8 players to play in invitational events, the top 16 gets you a match to unlock the qualifier venue and a top 8 ranking is needed to win the tournament.

Does this make sense to anyone else, I'll definitely be inside the top 8 at the start of next season, it'll be interesting to test this theory out in due course!

Sorted!

Just figured this problem out! On my copy of the game (my brother has a copy too) I'm ranked 7th in my 5th season, having played Northern Ireland Trophy Qualifiers (1 match of the season so far).

I put the frames on short, turned autosave off, lost my first round to mathew stevens, lost grand prix qualifying and so couldnt enter the Grand Prix. The Pot Black Cup is next.

I beat my opponent in the first round, wasn't allowed to progress, got 1750 points and about 6 grand money. I repeated this process on my brothers copy of the game (he had got into the invitational events ranked just inside the top 16 the first time he was elligible unlike me who got kicked out).

Anyway, I won my pot black cup match again and was allowed to play my quarter final match like any other tournament! He won the pot black cup so I know I'll be allowed to win the tournament if I keep winning, these are the only events I havent won!

In short, my copy of the game will not allow me to play past the first round of the invitationals, this happened at the masters too, with my brother being allowed past the first round of that as well! So, a rather annoying bug then!

Comment

Working...
    X