Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 155 break

Hi All.

I finally got one, ok it wasnt in competition, it was against a computer opponent controlled by me in a versus match.

I did get on one for real last night in a competition, I ended up behind the green spot on the cushion after my opponent missed the reds thin from a virtually touching ball, played a very similar shot to a regulation break off shot.

I potted a ridiculous long blue and got low on the black, got about 4 or 5 reds in, the nearest I've ever got to a break of over 147 was on 2003 version when I got to 116 on a 153 and I wanted to know what the commentators said!

I think I will get on another one at some point, I'd trade all my 147s for one 155 break in competition, it was still a great buzz though, John Parrott said on the final black "It's astonishing. You don't see many breaks over the maximum".

Would be incredible to get one in competition for sure but hopefully now if and when I get on one for real I stand a better chance of pulling it off, I just hope I wouldn't miss an easyish ball!

Anyway, some proof that I actually achieved this, to my knowledge this is impossible to fake, taken by my camera phone before the start of the next frame, better quality than i thought it would be
    Attached Files

Is the '07 version any good?

I had the '05 for PSP, but the loading/waiting/shot times were obscene!!

What you needd for that game was a lot of tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime. A Cliff Thorburn v Terry Griffiths match in slow-mo would be better.

So, has all the bad stuff been tweaked or removed, and do you have to sit through the other guy playing- or can you skip that to get to your turn?

I just found '05 very turgid.

Comment

05 versus 07

You can skip the computer shots which I never do, it doesn't take long for them to win frames anyway but its there if you want it!

I found 05 pretty hard, a bit too hard actually having played 2002-2004 quite well including winning the world championships on 2003, I never made more than 62 as a highest break!

The positional aid does make it quite a bit easier if you think deeply enough, most of the glitches are graphic related which never concerns me, I'd rather the gameplay was spot on than the graphics be great and the game not so!

Another bad point as far as im concerned, on other versions the season was accurate, not accurate settings mean you play best of 9 qualifiers, but you then play best of 13 1st and quarter finals, best of 15 semis and a best of 19 final, I used to love playing a full length world championship against great players!
      The players are also a bit easier than they were on 2003 and 2004, I never played a top player on 05, they dont clear up half as much as they used to for sure!

Having said all that I didn't play 05 extensively, as I said I thought it was just a bit too hard, can you update your stats on 05 to make it easier given time and patience like in 07?

Comment

I don't know, I gave up on it at an early stage as it was a pretty unfair and frustrating experience, IMO.

Comment

I've had four 155 breaks playing online, there is nothing better!!

Comment

Working...
          X