Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 16, Whats the Deal?

Hi Guys

I've been playing this game off and on since January. I'm on about my 4th or 5th season ranked 18th with about 113,000 points.

Here’s the problem. Hamilton is 16th with 120,000 or so points, I knock him out of the UK champ in the first round. So now I go back to the rankings to find he's got another 3000 points from somewhere. .

It just seem like I'm never going to catch these top 16 lot the gap always seems to be about 10000 points despite me having not lost a comp for 3 seasons and winning 3 world titles.

who are you?

Comment

Originally Posted by cheebai View Post
      who are you?

Comment

Monk Face: I think he misunderstood your post as to think you were a real pro snooker palyer, as opposed to referring to the video game. :snooker:
        "And I'd give him my right arm to have his cue action - poetry in motion."

Ronnie O'Sullivan on Steve Davis

Comment

I see. I would of thought this being the "Sega World Snooker Championship 2007" forum would of been the give away.

Comment

Me too!

I've had that problem too, its difficult to catch them, you just have to keep going, once you break the top 16 you'll be fine, you seem like a very good player, I've done 3 seasons unbeaten too, it took me 2 unbeaten to get into top 16, almost a full season to bridge an 8,000 point gap, it is frustrating, hopefully the 08 game will have proper length tournaments in and a money based ranking system.

On another note the game is a little easy in my opionion having won the worlds on 03 (no positional circle) (try beating joe davis)!

You get 3,000 points for winning invitationals, my game used to kick me out after i won my first round (before the quarters) though, just thought I'd warn you

Hope I helped, feel free to ask any questions!

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I just got back round to playing this again (forgot how addictive it is) and have finally got in the top 16:snooker:. Just need to win the pot black and masters (hope it doesn’t chuck me out) to get the last 2 snooker achievements.

I can't believe how good I am at this great game, considering this is my first snooker game and how bad I was at first. It's funny though, when I watch snooker on tv now I usually find myself telling the players what to do often evolving some ridiculous pack-splitting shot which always gets me some strange looks.

Comment

I've played previous versions so i probably had an advantage, I find the positional circle makes it too easy for me, I can score 5 centuries in 7 frames or 4 in 5 frames regularly, about 10 times I've got 2 or more 147s in a match, this shouldn't be possible regularly though!

It's still a buzz getting a 147, I've got over 100, its not the same though as in previous versions of the game without the circle where I got one but wasn't too bothered if I never got another one! lol I write my centuries down, always wondered on previous versions of the game how many I'd got!

Well done, its good to see someone else trying to achieve as much as possible, now it gets easier to get to the top 8 due to the invitational events, with some favourable results for the players above you!

Can't wait for 08 (or is that 09 now?!) lol, could be worth a go without the positional circle after a while!

My next achievement is a 200+ break on snooker plus, 189 in the few goes I've had of it!

Comment

Working...
                X