Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best snooker game for PC?

Hi,

What's the best snooker game for PC? Both in terms of enjoyment and as well as a learning aid for real thing (Getting to know angles, and how spin etc affects the white)?

My PC is pretty poor but from what I'm seeing nothing seems too graphic intensive, so it shouldn't be too much bother.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers.

I've recently been playing virtual pool 3. It's 4 years old now so the graphics aren't brilliant, but it runs on my netbook so it should run on anything! It's quite good and the physics seem quite realistic to me. It has snooker as well as pool, but the campaign for snooker isn't brilliant as you play on 9 foot pool tables and 6 foot pub sized tables. it does however have a full sized table which you can play in quick play mode, for which you can set the pocket sizes cut, and the speed of the table / cusions. You can also play online against real people, though i haven't tried this yet. It has other games too, pool billiards snooker etc. It seems to get mixed reviews on here, some people love it, some think its too old and want a proper snooker campaign. Personally i quite like it but im waiting for wsc real 2009 to be released in march, and assuming that is good i will be switching to that then.
    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Hi,

When it comes to ball physhics and the gameplay, I would definitely recommend Virtual Pool 3.

Vp3 has a offline career-mode but its not good, because some of the matches are played on a pool table. The computer AI could also be a lot better. There are no official tourneys either, its just a common career-mode.

Playing online is what's really cool in this game. You can ask anybody on the lobby for a game, or can just create a game and there will be some other playing with you in no time. You can also join games just only to watch it if you want. You can chat with the players during the game. Sometimes if theres really good players playing, I enjoy just watching the match too. There are weekly online tournaments too. The tourney results are sent into the web, you can see who was your opponent in any past tourney, did you won or lose, whats your position in the rankings, and how did any of your past tourney score affect into your ranking etc..

And yes, nobody plays snooker on a pooltable online, its the one and only, 12-foot

If youre active player in real life, vp3 is the game for you if you want a game which is actually even close to the real play. But if you're more into offline-career mode (imagined official tourneys), better graphics and realistic physhics is not a requirement, some other game will do just fine.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Seems this game is popular on here. How does it compare to "The Snooker Club" (Also known as iSnooker)?

Which game is best? Best physics, overall, etc?

Cheers.

Comment

Hi,

I think vp3 is not so popular among the forum-users, somehow I've got that impression from some other users

The physhics of iSnooker are quite ok. But I hated the gameplay (aiming-view, aiming-system and striking-system) and the flow of it in iSnooker.

For example compare these clips, first iSnooker:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI_MG...eature=related

And then vp3. This is a video made by me, I made a line-up drill into vp3 snookertable. If youre wondering about the points on the frame, read the full video descriction :
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0nOb-3WTyg&fmt=18

Even if there are maybe 100 times less online players playing vp3 than iSnooker, I would recommend of going for vp3. Its like going into some snooker hall with 40 other players there already and you can challenge anybody you want. There are a whole scale of players, from beginners into pros. The players are very helpful and they got lots of humor too In fact because of the limited amount of players, you get very easily to actually know them.

edit: Now that I watched the whole video of iSnooker, theres something wrong with the physhics (cueball pace after hitting another ball for example). It seems also that in iSnooker you are able to play with an extreme-english shots, while those would end up in miscueing in real play and in vp3.
          Last edited by Fluke[FIN]; 16 February 2009, 09:21 PM.

Comment

for some reason the graphics are really crappy on my VP3 i don't know how to make them better, only half of a ball is showing and the other half is sunk into the table, it's weird.

Comment

Sounds like you broke it... The graphics arn't brilliant as the game is 4 years old, but the ball sits on top of the table! are you sure you havent messed the camera up?
              sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Hi,

I know what You mean. Ive seen it too. I saw that a looong time ago when I had 2 different versions of vp3 installed at the same time. I mixed the files of those versions

I think You have vp3.exe and the .dll -files in your vp3 filder from two different versions of vp3.

Please do a clean re-install of the game. If you use a vp3.exe from another vp3 version, you get the balls split up very easily.

Hopefully this helps a little.

Comment

I like playing on here

http://www.poolgame.co.uk/

you can either choose snooker or pool and change the size of table on snooker.
                  lol i have no idea if the angles are realistic. the ball goes anywhere that i dont expect it just like me in real life!!!

Comment

I often play Cueclub.
                    It's nice flash game and it's only 15MB in size.

You can play snooker,9 ball and 8 ball too.

Comment

Snooker 2004 is the best cuesports game ever made. Dont ask me why it just is.

Comment

niceeeeeeeeee

thxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment

I love VP3 as well. Somebody gave it to me, but it doesn't seem to work online.
                          The ball physics are very nice, you can use full aiming lines, a ghost ball, or just no aiming help at all.
                          Like in real life, if you put side on a shot, it makes a pot missable
                          The AI is from pretty dumb to "holy cow"
                          I also love the WCS Series, although the AI is very hard from the beginning.
                          It's supposed to work online with Hamachi, but I didn't manage to figure it out yet.
                          iSnooker is a very nice small game, although the gameplay (steering) could be better.
                          My favourite for offline would be a combination of VP3 and WCS

For (easy and free) online play, I recommend PopGameBox (www.popgamebox.com)
                          The ball physics are not quite as good as in the other games but it still is fun.

Comment

OMG
                            Virtual Pool 4

http://www.facebook.com/VirtualPool4?sk=wall

Checkout those screens.

Comment

Yeah I've been following that facebook thread on VP4.

It's clearly going to be awesome but the shots of the tightest snooker pockets look way too big to me. If you read the threads the project leader (Steve, he is the main poster there I think) is asking for charcoal rubbings from a tournament table.

I don't think he has any idea how tight the Star tables are.

Comment

Working...
                              X