Why No Jimmy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why No Jimmy

How come Jimmy White never appears in the World Snooker Championship games (well i have 05,07,09, dunno about before)

Is there a reason?
    2009 Shanghai Masters Predict the Qualifiers Champion

2008 Grand Prix Final Prediction Champion

http://ryan147.com

Doesn't Jimmy White have his own computer game? It's probably an exclusive contract.

Comment

Go down to the cuezone and ask Pete form Blade Interactive!

Comment

Originally Posted by Templeton Peck View Post
        Doesn't Jimmy White have his own computer game? It's probably an exclusive contract.
        Yes I believe that's the reason. I think his game is called "Jimmy White's Cue Ball" IIRC.

Did anyone here ever play Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker on the Commodore 64? (Showing my age now lol ... ) It was an excellent game for two human players with great ball physics, but impossible to play against any AI opponent. For example, you could snooker the AI with the cue ball tight behind the snookering ball, then the AI would not only go around 5 or 6 cushions to hit the target ball, but pot it in the process and then go on to clear up and win the frame ...

Comment

Yeah i did...it was great for it's time.
          "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

yes i did...arrrr the C64..takes me back to 1990
            Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
            Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

i had the commodore vic 20 (very basic) closely followed by the spectrum 48k which took forever to load
              http://s974.photobucket.com/albums/a...new%20project/

Comment

Originally Posted by Smersh View Post
                Yes I believe that's the reason. I think his game is called "Jimmy White's Cue Ball" IIRC.

Did anyone here ever play Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker on the Commodore 64? (Showing my age now lol ... ) It was an excellent game for two human players with great ball physics, but impossible to play against any AI opponent. For example, you could snooker the AI with the cue ball tight behind the snookering ball, then the AI would not only go around 5 or 6 cushions to hit the target ball, but pot it in the process and then go on to clear up and win the frame ...
                It was the Amiga, dude. I doubt the C64 could even cope with the opening screens . . . fantastic game though. I made 98 on it once and never been able to re-do it. Mind you, I did play it every day solidly for about 2 years, so that might have had something to do with it

Comment

It was the Amiga. I also played it a lot. Playing the computer was impossible for the reasons already stated.

Comment

Bumping this old thread to randomly state that I have Jimmy White (with correct face) in my WSC 2005 Xbox version.

If you have a modded original xbox, copy the game to the Xbox hard drive and within the Models -> Heads section, Jimmy White is there. Rename Jimmy to one of the in game players (recommend Michael Holt as he is left handed in game) and you will play as Jimmy when using Holt

I could go on to state that you can edit the default.xbe file to replace Holts name with Jimmy so it says Jimmy White & not Holt in exhibition and career modes. In fact I have altered about 50% of the 96 in game pros so the top 40 reflect real life rankings as much as possible. I have Trump, Gould, Guodong in game (none are present originally), and for example Robertson ranked no 2, Selby no 3, Walden no 4, Junhui no 5 plus everyone playing with correct handedness as much as possible

Still love this game, even more now modding is possible

Comment

Working...
                    X