No announcement yet.

WCS 2004 Online League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me in guys, I've been brushing up my potting this weekend in preporation!

Comment

Is this still working? The site works but are there still people playing?
      I never used Hamachi and I couldn't find an instruction on how to connect with it.
      PM me if this still works

Comment

Originally Posted by CRiZZ76 View Post
        Is this still working? The site works but are there still people playing?
        I never used Hamachi and I couldn't find an instruction on how to connect with it.
        PM me if this still works
        Hi again CRiZZ76...

Yes, the season runs from January to December, typically one tournament each month. There is only the final of the "World Championship" left to be completed this year, then the first tournament of the new season starts in January. Players are normally split into a couple of groups, so that each player gets to play a number of matches. Eight players normally progress to the knockout stage, usually played in the second half of the month.

The standard is pretty high, especially among the top 10 or 12 players. I never played against humans before joining the league, and I have to say it's a much more interesting game. If you are interested, just email Andy at the address above and he will add your profile to the site.

As for Hamachi, it's very easy to use. Just download the program and connect to one of the servers we use, and it's done. You can also use it to communicate with other players.

Comment

So, three years later, and I finally managed to win the World title. :smile:

I previously lost in the final on two occasions, and the one in 2012 was particularly tough to take, because I was on the verge of taking it into a decider, before losing 18-16. Last year I was outplayed in the semi-finals, but this year I played really well throughout the tournament, setting a new centuries record with 43. I was behind halfway through the final, my opponent getting a snooker and clearing up to go 10-9 in front. He made it 11-9 at the start of the next session, but after that I played my best snooker to eventually win 18-13.

I can say these four years in the league have been tremendous fun, even when I wasn't winning titles, but the last season was particularly enjoyable. The 2015 season starts this month, so if anyone still plays WCS 2004 you are very welcome to join us.

http://www.wcs2004.com/

There is no automatic registration on the site, so you can either email Andy at the address he posted earlier in the thread, or just send me a message and I will pass it on to Andy.

This game has really stood the test of time, and we still have a lot of fun with it. There is usually a tournament every month, starting with the group stage where everyone plays a few different opponents, followed by the knockout phase from the quarter-finals onwards. The standard is pretty good, so you need to be taking most of your chances to compete with the top players, but of course not everyone is that good.

Let me know if you are interested, or if you maybe just want to play a frame or two. :smile:

Comment

Bieniek greets wcs2004 fans :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Bieniek13 View Post
              Bieniek greets wcs2004 fans :snooker:
              Greetings to you, it's nice to see you on here. :smile:

Comment

Working...
              X