X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9balldotcom
    replied
    Hello again
    Virtual Pool 4 online is almost upon us and a Public Beta phase will be starting soon.
    Please check out my VP4 Online info page plus check out the Two newbies playing One Pocket video i uploaded to Youtube showing you the new Ten Footer table thats been introduced this time. http://www.9balldotcom.co.uk/vp4-online

Leave a comment:

• em@rel
    replied
    Downloaded it last night after watching the demo..excellent game and well worth £20.

Leave a comment:

• AlexAlex
    replied
    Great sharing...
    Thanks for sharing this...

Leave a comment:

• RedThunder
    replied
    I cant install on my laptop as well as the PC. Some lame DRM :-(

No online play :-(

Still excellent game BTW.

Leave a comment:

• sixofclubs
    replied
    I agree, the physics are superb.

I love the 'undo' feature, meaning you can try a shot over and over again. The balls do what they are supposed to, the effects of side or 'English' as they call it, are accurate, and the overall feel of the game is excellent. You can make many changes in the settings with regards to camera angles, table difficulty and replays etc, so if you take the time to do this you get a lot out of it.

There are some minor quibbles, the snooker room has only one hideous background which I have turned off (but again, nice to be able to) and the sound of the cue tip hitting the cue ball sounds a bit muffled and unrealistic.

I own WSC 09 on X-Box and this is miles better - much less frustrating.

The biggest compliment I can give VP4 is that is helping my real game. Just by creating a scenario and repeating it over and over again with differing spins, power etc has really opened my eyes. In the real game you only get one go and it's easy to miss what actually happened and why. Because the 3D view replicates real life it is really helping me understand why I am struggling with certain shots and not others.

I'm glad I paid £20 to download it - I'm actually thinking of upgrading my PC to get it to run a bit smoother with better graphics. My poor old graphics card isn't up to much.

I wonder how many snooker players will miss this because it is called Virtual Pool?

Ignore the misleading title and download it (legally) I say.

Leave a comment:

• 9balldotcom
    replied
    The physics of the new game are excellent and its by far and away the best pc game youll play.The snooker beats world championship snooker all ends up.
    Its got a few little fixes being worked on right now but i believe youll be amazed at the way this game holds up to any others youve played.

Leave a comment:

• Redphex
    replied
    I have it, but haven't played much snooker yet.
    Ball physics are top notch. Some of the games (e.g. english billiards) need to have their rules corrected, but Celeris are very communicative and active to improve things in this direction.

As of now, I'd recommend it.

Leave a comment:

• CRiZZ76
    replied
    Anybody tried it yet? Is it worth the roughly 25€? Overall Gameplay feeling? Ball Physics?
    Can't wait for Multiplayer! Right now I'm stuck with PopGameBox, which is cute but not nearly as accurate as VP3 still is to this day

Leave a comment:

• 9balldotcom
    replied
    As i cant edit my posts i should point out that it should read $29.99 US dollars and the equivalent in Pounds sterling is around £19.30

Leave a comment:

• 9balldotcom
    replied
    Hello again any Virtual Poolers out there.
    Virtual Pool 4 offline is now released and available to buy at £29.99 thats approx £19.30.You can urchase from here http://vponline.celeris.com/vp4offprod

See an overview of the new game and its features here http://vponline.celeris.com/vp4offover

Online version is now expected to be available some time first quarter 2013.

Leave a comment:

• 9balldotcom
    replied
    At last we got a release date for the offline version of Virtual Pool 4 its August 15th 2012.
    To see the promotional video go here http://www.9balldotcom.co.uk/
    Online version to follow in around 6 months time.

Leave a comment:

• 9balldotcom
    replied
    Further update regards Virtual Pool 4.
    There are to be two versions of the game.
    The release date of Virtual pool offline version will be annouinced next week(starting June 24th 2012) from Steve Chaplin of Celeris.Once hes confirmed the date of the offline version then the online Freemium version will follow in around 6 months time.Further details will become available on this version,but initially it will be free to play on a limited basis.Other features etc will be upgradeable

Leave a comment:

• RedThunder
    replied
    The screengrabs do look very nice :-)

Leave a comment:

• merlin1234
    replied
    I really wish more players knew about the VP series and the excellent physics it has had throughout. It boggles my mind that people are playing utter tosh like WSC Real when they could be playing VP3 instead.

The new aiming method in VP4 - you start looking from a standing position and then get down on the shot - sounds really interesting. I think they're really trying to make it as authentic as they possibly can. They're not simulating the nap on snooker cloths, but I suppose I can overlook that as it's primarily a pool sim and it'll still be a better snooker sim than any of the current generation of dedicated snooker sims.

Leave a comment:

• 9balldotcom
    replied
    Just an update for all of you who might be interested in the upcoming Virtual Pool 4.Steve Chaplin(Mr Virtual Pool himself) has hiw own Facebook page where you can find all the latest info on the new game and also ask any questions you may have on the game
    https://www.facebook.com/VirtualPool4?sk=wall

Leave a comment:

Working...
X