Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pure Pool - Snooker

Anyone playing the game on XboxOne ??

Really good DLC pack from the makes of PurePool and they are also doing a update soon to iron out a few creaks in the game, was wondering if there were many players on here that might be interested in a game or two ?

Originally Posted by wayupna View Post
    Anyone playing the game on XboxOne ??

Really good DLC pack from the makes of PurePool and they are also doing a update soon to iron out a few creaks in the game, was wondering if there were many players on here that might be interested in a game or two ?
    I've played the pool on my neighbour's machine, don't have one myself. It's pretty good, but I found it quite hard to judge the pace using the thumb-stick controller without any graphical indication of shot power. Very good for the money though, what was it, about £10-12? Not bad at all.

-
    The fast and the furious,
    The slow and labourious,
    All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Yeah the pace to apply can be tricky and so can the judgement of shots

I know WSC had many options for this which a lot of people enjoyed more..

£7 for the game and £3 for the snooker DLC

Really addictive mind ..

Comment

Had pure pool since it first came out, didn't know there was a snooker dlc till I saw this thread... Yeah it pretty good.. Shame there's not many snooker playing opponent online.. If anybody want a couple frames, just holla, username on Xbox is scarfacechen

Comment

Pool was fun, but I was disappointed by the snooker addon. They upped the pace of the table slightly, but the cushions are still dead and they use the same plastic PLUNK! noise from the pool game when potting a ball. So many errors with the rules, too.

When I used to discuss pool / snooker sims, I used to get fed up with PC snobs butting in to say Virtual Pool 4 had the best snooker sim ever, but now that I own it, I know exactly where they're coming from. Compared to VP4, the snooker in Pool Nation is laughable.
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Just spent the past 2hrs knocking balls about and I'd totally agree, cushion play dead, the rules need to be fixed, can't pot middle pocket with pace, long shot are hard.. For a snooker sim for Xbox it's okay I guess..

Manage to get a quick game vs somebody online (any skills level) and it hook me up with a dude rank number 4 in the world, needless to say, he was knocking in 80+ break for fun.. Fml

Is VP4 available for xbox? My laptop doesn't handle gaming nor graphics well

Got pool nation also but couldn't get into it, the mechanic and button for shot abit fiddly for my liking, playing a handful of games yrs ago and never load it up since

Comment

Originally Posted by scarfacechen View Post
              Is VP4 available for xbox? My laptop doesn't handle gaming nor graphics well
              I'm afraid not, but there's a free demo of the game available from the Celeris website. It's only pool in the demo, but at least you will be able to see if there's any graphic setting that will let you play it on your laptop.

If you do buy it, I recommend you get it from Steam rather than Celeris direct. I tried to register with the Celeris website a few days ago and never got my verification code, so it looks like no one is maintaining their site.

Also, I just realised that the PS4 snooker game I was talking about was Pure Pool, but I don't think there's a lot of different and VP4 is stil hands down better than anything on the console.

Shame, really, because the PS4 / XboxOne could more than handle VP4.
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Hi all, looking to create a Snooker online league and cup for Pure Pool on Xbox One.. There is a league that runs for the PS4 and i have spoken with him and he says it has taken off really well, so i would like to dip toes and try one for Xbox One.

My gamertag is

wayupna

Find me on Xbox One and sent me a request and i will get a league active

Comment

I downloaded this a few months ago but found the game play quite poor.

Sadly it lacks the realism of real snooker.

The best Snooker simulation by a long way is Virtual Pool 3 or 4. They have the game play and physics of the game absolutely spot on. Its as close as you can get to the real thing.

Comment

The 8 ball pool by miniclip is a good game, all challenges accepted!
                    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Working...
                    X