No announcement yet.

Snooker computer game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing new to see, but a release date of 'Spring' and other small confirmations.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IM0CwFynTfk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Billy; 20 March 2019, 11:29 PM.
    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Read the release date is April 16th

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
        Read the release date is April 16th
        I've not heard an official date myself but yours doesn't surprise me. I've said for months I expect it to coincide with the WC.
        "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

It looks absolutely dreadful in my opinion. How in this day and age can developers get the player animation so poor? Its hardly Red Dead Redemption 2 so far less work needed. Plus if it has Phil Yates rabbiting on in commentary, then thats enough reason to never put it in my game console. Stick to the real game I say.
          Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
            How in this day and age can developers get the player animation so poor?
            When you're a small, low-key developer that doesn't have a bottomless pit of funds to draw from, quite easily.

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
              When you're a small, low-key developer that doesn't have a bottomless pit of funds to draw from, quite easily.
              Apparently so! i can't imagine this being anything but dreadful with clunky unrealistic mechanics all round.
              Customised full size Riley table with black pockets and Strachen 6811 Tournament Cloth all housed in an air-conditioned 8m x 5m Grande Servern Plus log cabin from Dunster House supported with RSJ's.

Comment

Originally Posted by the_unrepentant View Post
                Apparently so! i can't imagine this being anything but dreadful with clunky unrealistic mechanics all round.
                All the console snooker games have suffered from this. I think it's the price you have to pay for non-AAA games.

I'd have preferred it if they'd gone down the full-on simulation route and done-away with player animations altogether. Everything else could stay - the authentic venues, pro players, tournament formats, online matches, but do away with the crappy animations.

Comment

Realistically, if the physics are decent, and it's not crazy expensive, I'll get it and deal with the visuals, they're not that important. I'll let you guys try it out first though 😜

Comment

Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
                    I'll let you guys try it out first though ��
                    That'll be me, then

I'm with @the_unrepentant to a large extent - although not quite as verbally pessimistic

I'm setting my hopes very low for this.

Comment

You wait ages for one snooker game and then two come along. We now have an official release date of 17 April for Snooker19, but hot on its heels is Stephen Hendry’s This is Snooker from VooFoo Studios.

Both games are linked to the two developers who went head to head with their pool games a number of years ago with Pure Pool and Hustle Kings. Both studios released later snooker add-ons for their games, but quite frankly they were awful. Read into that what you will.

https://youtu.be/I39Rx2q-ANk
                      Last edited by Billy; 4 April 2019, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Obviously can't judge the playability but on graphics/previews etc Snooker 19 looks better

Comment

Originally Posted by trying View Post
                          Obviously can't judge the playability but on graphics/previews etc Snooker 19 looks better
                          I wouldn’t argue with that, but I do find myself wondering what a AAA studio could produce, snooker game-wise, if such a game were viable.... which it isn’t.

Comment

Finally some solid, actual gameplay. Not in English, unfortunately, but what they're saying isn't what matters.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tA9cVF41C4A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And I have to confess that now, having seen gameplay at length, I am approximately 86% more excited than I was previously. Finally a console snooker game that doesn't play like the table bed is made of sand and the cushions of plastic! There's a real and authentic sense of pace and movement to these balls, and as as this area was one of my main concerns I'm delighted to see such fluidity.

Also, player animation while not top drawer, is infinitely superior to previous games. The player's stance and pose looks good, and he stays down on the shot. Their cue ball addresses are far more realistic looking too.

Yes, very excited for this now.
                            Last edited by Billy; 5 April 2019, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                              Finally some solid, actual gameplay. Not in English, unfortunately, but what they're saying isn't what matters.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tA9cVF41C4A" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And I have to confess that now, having seen gameplay at length, I am approximately 86% more excited than I was previously. Finally a console snooker game that doesn't play like the table bed is made of sand and the cushions of plastic! There's a real and authentic sense of pace and movement to these balls, and as as this area was one of my main concerns I'm delighted to see such fluidity.

Also, player animation while not top drawer, is infinitely superior to previous games. The player's stance and pose looks good, and he stays down on the shot. Their cue ball addresses are far more realistic looking too.

Yes, very excited for this now.
                              Agreed, this is pretty much everything I had wanted from the game. I'm hoping for some degree of pageantry surrounding the tournaments (opening/closing cinematics, entrances etc.) but it's not a deal breaker if it's not there. I figure we do at least get a trophy presentation based on the trailer. I suspect future iterations will build on player animations.

Comment

Originally Posted by Csmith View Post
                                Agreed, this is pretty much everything I had wanted from the game. I'm hoping for some degree of pageantry surrounding the tournaments (opening/closing cinematics, entrances etc.) but it's not a deal breaker if it's not there. I figure we do at least get a trophy presentation based on the trailer. I suspect future iterations will build on player animations.
                                Yup, stuff like that would be the IotC

Anyway, same gameplay, but in English.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xCi1s3XaS3g" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Working...
                                X