World Snooker Championship 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Snooker Championship 2005

i got the game on fri evening. very good, although i've not played it much due to the championships themselves. it's got all the real players (over 100) instead of the 30 last year, plus the real tournaments and venues, and great video archive unlocks

How do you make a Backup CD for this game so you don't have to use your originals; without software to make your hard drive a virtual Optical Drive though? "Insert the correct CD" is my error, I'ved copied the game onto the HDD, then burnt from there, would a straight on-the-fly burn work or will it say, "no way, it's copyrighted"? A simulation copy on Nero gave copyright erros so I never bothered risking a coaster?
    Head Still... Follow Through... Keep it Tight... Never Give Up... Ton 'em if you can!

Comment

What u need to use is Achol120% to make a perfect copy of it. You can find the program easy and the crack even easier.

As for the game I haven't had a chance yet but would love to play it soon.

Comment

What is it Toomy?
        Spit it out son.

Comment

he'd better hurry coz the ban looms

Comment

Originally Posted by CUFCReece
            i got this game for cheap today...great graphics and animations

although it is a lot harder than the old ones!
            yeah, the aiming aid is more difficult, plus it's dam hard to beat anyone in the top 32 in career. who are you playing as? i am ding

Comment

the qualifying is hard. i normally win the first three qualifiers before getting hammered by a top 32 player. after the event a lower ranked person always seems to win the event, so i think if you qualify for an event (which i am up to malta cup quals) you have a good chance of winning.

my highest break is only 74!!!

i have all the videos except 100 break, 147 break, double and world champs

Comment

Originally Posted by chrisfinch
                so i think if you qualify for an event (which i am up to malta cup quals) you have a good chance of winning.
                yes if you notice, the top players always lose when your ranking is low. Once your ranking improves you should notice the top players winning their matches more often

Comment

Originally Posted by zimrahil
                  yes if you notice, the top players always lose when your ranking is low. Once your ranking improves you should notice the top players winning their matches more often
                  i hope to get that far!!!

Comment

WCSnooker online?

i would like to play this game online but i can never find any players. is there a website for players to meet up on?or a specific time/day of the week? i think wcsnooker's lifespan on my computer will be short if i cannot play it against a real person because, as in all pc sports games, once you beat the AI the game's dead.

if any of you play EAsports games then you'll know exactly what im on about, tho why can't another developer see that EA's online structure is simple yet light years ahead of anything else. it keeps you playing.

thanks in advance to anyone who helps

oh, and by the way, if anyone wants to get a game on the go dont hesitate msg or email me

-----------------------------------------------
                    C'Mon the Hoops

Comment

I too wonder where the WSC2005 community is.

Should anyone somehow land up here, I solved a major problem with the PC rendition of the game: the first run after installation succeeded, but after that the program would crash back to the desktop right after showing the introduction movies. My solution was simply to remove the three .wmv files with these movies from the program directory - two birds with one stone.

One thing that bothers me, is the sound in the game. The various play sounds are good indeed, but quite subtle. You need to stretch the "sound effects" volume to set the atmosphere (unless you enjoy the two song jukebox). But then the electronic beeps from menu operations (reply, concede...) blasts through the speakers as if a football referee entered the scene. Am I the only one to be annoyed by that?

Comment

Ive the 2004 version, its quite good but they should improve the purchasing, such as cues, pool tables etc. Buying these thing do nothing for your player.

Comment

Originally Posted by The_Godfather
                          Ive the 2004 version, its quite good but they should improve the purchasing, such as cues, pool tables etc. Buying these thing do nothing for your player.
                          I have just bought the 2005 version.

does it make any differents which cue you use. if so which players is the best so i can use it after unlocking it.
                          old enough to know whats its all about, too old to actually do it.....

Comment

If anyone is up for a game, im all yurs!

A little warning though, I've just finished my first season and I won every tournament, making three 147's along the way (difficulty: medium). But I'd love to play a real opponent, because the computer is just too easy I think.

And no, it doesn't make any difference what cue you use.

Comment

Hi guys, i've also got world championship snooker 2005 for the PSP. I'm pretty good, but i am far better when playing on the larger consoles, so i can' t wait for the 2007 version to be released later this year, especially with it also available on the next gen consoles. Though i don't have online access for my consoles, so i guess i won't be able to challenge you guys. Shame we probably could of had some cracking matches.

Comment

Working...
                              X