X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual pool 3

Hi,

I just "found" this forum and registered, this being my first post here

While reading these posts here I was pretty amazed. For some reason, which I personally just can't figure out, everybody is praising iSnooker? I mean have You tried Virtual pool -series? Virtual pool 3 is the "newest" version, being released on year 2000. The game is old and You can see it on its graphics, but the physhics and the feeling of the game are just awesome.

In VP3 You hit the cueball by moving the mouse back and forth. This gives unique feeling on the strenght of the strike. I have tried iSnooker and WCS series and my opinion is that VP3 is whiping the floor with those games. Especially I cant stand the physhics of WCS -series and the stupid striking method, "set the strenght of strike from 0 - 100" is just terrible. And those totally crappy animations, totally nonsense. I mean if I want to WATCH snooker I watch it on Eurosport. If I wasn't atheist, I would be thanking the Lord for keeping those silly animations away from Virtual pool series. I have also read from many forums that almost everybody can easily make 147 which is saying something about the easiness of that game also.

VP3 is the most realistic pool / snooker simulation on PC and it can help You in real snooker also (cue ball control etc.).

This might be a little too radical post as my first posting but I just cant help it.

VP3 is the game which I must recommend to You all. You simply just can't get more closer to real pool / snooker on PC than playing this game.

Online play is THE THING in this game which everybody should have an opportunity to try. After a few online matches there is no turning back. Here is one good video from VP3 snooker gameplay, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7d8AL3BnDA

There is a free demo version of VP3 on Celeris web-pages, and You can buy the full version though there also.

Thanks,

-Fluke[FIN]
    Last edited by Fluke[FIN]; 10 October 2008, 11:17 AM.

Originally Posted by Fluke[FIN] View Post
    Hi,

I just "found" this forum and registered, this being my first post here

While reading these posts here I was pretty amazed. For some reason, which I personally just can't figure out, everybody is praising iSnooker? I mean have You tried Virtual pool -series? Virtual pool 3 is the "newest" version, being released on year 2000. The game is old and You can see it on its graphics, but the physhics and the feeling of the game are just awesome.

In VP3 You hit the cueball by moving the mouse back and forth. This gives unique feeling on the strenght of the strike. I have tried iSnooker and WCS series and my opinion is that VP3 is whiping the floor with those games. Especially I cant stand the physhics of WCS -series and the stupid striking method, "set the strenght of strike from 0 - 100" is just terrible. And those totally crappy animations, totally nonsense. I mean if I want to WATCH snooker I watch it on Eurosport. If I wasn't atheist, I would be thanking the Lord for keeping those silly animations away from Virtual pool series. I have also read from many forums that almost everybody can easily make 147 which is saying something about the easiness of that game also.

VP3 is the most realistic pool / snooker simulation on PC and it can help You in real snooker also (cue ball control etc.).

This might be a little too radical post as my first posting but I just cant help it.

VP3 is the game which I must recommend to You all. You simply just can't get more closer to real pool / snooker on PC than playing this game.

Online play is THE THING in this game which everybody should have an opportunity to try. After a few online matches there is no turning back. Here is one good video from VP3 snooker gameplay, check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7d8AL3BnDA

There is a free demo version of VP3 on Celeris web-pages, and You can buy the full version though there also.

Thanks,

-Fluke[FIN]
    TOTALY AGREE with you!!

This game is the daddy. Only had it a couple of days now, wish I picked it up back in 2000!!

EXCELLENT GAME!!!

Comment

Not sure I agree about the power setting, I like being accurate on the power and worrying about where to leave the cue ball, after all that's the key skill of snooker over pool..so having to risk playing a bad shot based on my mouse really hacks me off..otherwise it's an ok game, I'm not sure I'd say it was the best that's a pretty obvious self promotion!

Comment

I have the free demo of this and its good but im bored of playing 3 or 4 ball pool.

I don't agree with you on saying it is easy to make a 147 on WSC games.

I would buy the vp3 full game but I would probs get the snooker one instead of pool but im 15 and have no real income or credit card

Comment

Originally Posted by Henry1st View Post
          Not sure I agree about the power setting, I like being accurate on the power and worrying about where to leave the cue ball, after all that's the key skill of snooker over pool..so having to risk playing a bad shot based on my mouse really hacks me off..otherwise it's an ok game, I'm not sure I'd say it was the best that's a pretty obvious self promotion!
          Hello,

I think the mouse-strike is one of the best things in vp series. I find the strike power-bar -system pretty idiotic. "Ill pot the red with power of 73%. no, maybe 74%". Then press the strike-key and let the computer do the strike. By making your shot all by yourself, THAT is what requires the skill and focusing. With a power-bar you can do (oh wait, not you, the computer can) accurately the same power shot as earlier shot. I think that has nothing to do with player skills

In Virtual Pool youre doing the whole strike all by yourself, theres no any striking aid:s made by computer. If you fail, most probaply all you can blaim is yourself. Just like in a real life.

I like being accurate too on my strikes too, where to leave the cueball, but I want to perform my strikes all by myself, not by letting the computer to do it for me. Its impossible to have more similiar striking system compared to the real play on a real table than attaching a mouse into a cue in a PC game. By this you can "feel" your shot and its lot more close to real when striking with the mouse.

The mouse strike is making the game-flow a lot smoother too, you dont need to hazzle around changing the power-bar value for every shot.

If youre failing alot of shots because of your mouse; get a new one. If the mouse is not working properly on vp3, it is not working in normal computer-usage any better. Ive got a basic wireless optic Microsoft mouse and it works perfect in normal computer-usage and in vp3 too.

Its good you have even tried vp3, because there are some people which are not even trying the game just because its old and judging the game based only in the graphics. The gameplay and the physhics-model were done very realistic back then and the time is not gonna change that.

Ive tried many many snooker / pool games and based on my 3-year real life snooker experience, vp3snooker is the most close to the real play on PC platform.

If you like some other game better, it fine by me. Although, its just a game

Just tellin' my opinion
          Last edited by Fluke[FIN]; 2 February 2009, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Agree with this VP3 is the best cue sports SIM ever made!
            I have both versions, the original CD (Jeanette Lee) and the Download version.

Just wish they would start this series again with VP4 and update the graphics for full 1080HD
            if you want something done right, do it yourself!

Comment

Totally agree.. Found wcs a terrible game and flogged it but still enjoy a bash on vp3 every now and again. I even had the mouse with a roller on top that you physically cue over to make the shot. Much much much more fun.. And no say the games so old the physics are spot on. Wcs's physics engine is awful console impossible nonsense. I used to be ranked 8 in the world in the vip ladder on vp3 too .
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Old cue collector --
              Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
              (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Just read some updates on official forum for VP3 - http://www.celeris.com/forum/

It looks like they may try and dump Gamespy, great!
                They are working on VP3-Gold which may have its own independant server (not requiring Gamespy and its rego fee each month).
                Hopefully it will also include some graphic tweaks.

Anyway, the official forum contains a lot of useful info and how to play online.

Comment

Never played VP3 before, but after reading some of the comments on this thread i think i should give it a go..
                  "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

It is a very good simulation. Another recommendation form me
                    sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

best pool snooker billiads what you want game, amazing,

Comment

In my opinion, the most realistic game of snooker. Maybe the pockets are not perfect, but the way you execute the shots and the feeling is like in the real world.

Comment

I agree that it is the best available. I usually only play snooker on it, online.

Whilst I have'nt tried many other games, I have tried WSC Real 09. I thought it was garbage compared to VP3.

Comment

Btw... Virtual Pool 4 is coming up in.. maybe in a few months, its being done by Celeris right now (Register to Celeris forums and there are already some progress reports about the new game wrote by the head of Celeris). There will be major improvements: A few more new games, improved online-play (no need to hazzle around with the Gamespy Arcade and the router configurations anymore), updated rules in varuious of games, Physhics improvements, up-to-date graphics, In-game based online tournament system, replay/save matches... Cant even rememeber all

oh and btw, check out my new vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLpI5ZasE5A

Comment

Best news in years IF it happens.
                              They have been talking about this for years.
                              Best thing will be dropping Gamespy!

Cheers for the YouTube link!

Comment

Working...
                              X