Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Codemasters HELP !

...make this game again...

Yeah - please, we need some quality control thrown back in. Blade/DE would get their asses kicked back at Codies HQ for releasing this tripe. What annoyed me was Sega allowed 2007 to be shipped with all those bugs. Which we never even heard the mention of a patch.

Robbing gets. I want my money back, and Codies/EA to finally step up and do it right.

Comment

Originally Posted by mark771977 View Post
      Yeah - please, we need some quality control thrown back in. Blade/DE would get their asses kicked back at Codies HQ for releasing this tripe. What annoyed me was Sega allowed 2007 to be shipped with all those bugs. Which we never even heard the mention of a patch.

Robbing gets. I want my money back, and Codies/EA to finally step up and do it right.
      Don't know if they play much snooker in Japan so they may not have got the game I'm sure CM did because like EA they are pretty well rounded

Comment

All it needs is proper playtesting, by people other than the developers. It needed to be released at a beta stage, let the players like ourselves play it, and then go back and make the suggested changes.

Why do you think EA are producing great games? Quality playtesting. DE/Blade are a small team, who clearly haven't let their game out in the wild until release day.

Comment

All it needs is proper playtesting, by people other than the developers. It needed to be released at a beta stage, let the players like ourselves play it, and then go back and make the suggested changes.

Why do you think EA are producing great games? Quality playtesting. DE/Blade are a small team, who clearly haven't let their game out in the wild until release day.
          great suggestion plus I think EA listen tyo and readtheir forums for suggestions on how to improve I'm not sure DE/Blade have been doing this as much

Comment

Codemasters are well known for their playtesting. Plus they're a massive studio, who know the damage a poor quality game can have on consumer confidence.

The problem we're all facing is that Blade used to make amazing snooker games. The orginal game was the reason I kept a PS1 way into the PS2/Xbox/GC generation, and the main reason i hit the new generation. It has been the motivator to jump to a new system. For example:

Based on how much I love the PS1 version, I brought a PS2. When I heard they were making an 'enhanced version' for Xbox, I brought one of those. If tey'd have made a version for Gamecube, I would have brought that too (thankfully I had RE4 and Super Mario Sunshine to keep me busy there, though). When I heard there was a 360 version coming . . . guess what happened? PSP? Oh yeah.

I've been with this game from the start. Not anymore, they've destroyed my confidence in their abilities. They really need to sort out their games, I can't be the only one who feels the last three have been complete tripe. So, why aren't they even listening to the views expressed? EA would be on it like white on rice.

Comment

I've been with this game from the start. Not anymore, they've destroyed my confidence in their abilities. They really need to sort out their games, I can't be the only one who feels the last three have been complete tripe. So, why aren't they even listening to the views expressed? EA would be on it like white on rice.
              My thoughts exactly - not sure how things went so pear shaped follow 2005 version. This years version is the first I haven't purchased in this franchise. I knew snooker nuts wouldn't be interest in slo mo replays and rewind time etc. It can only be to get more casual gamers to buy it so keep sales up.
              Don't know if its working though?

Comment

Codemasters are well known for their playtesting. Plus they're a massive studio, who know the damage a poor quality game can have on consumer confidence.

The problem we're all facing is that Blade used to make amazing snooker games. The orginal game was the reason I kept a PS1 way into the PS2/Xbox/GC generation, and the main reason i hit the new generation. It has been the motivator to jump to a new system. For example:

Based on how much I love the PS1 version, I brought a PS2. When I heard they were making an 'enhanced version' for Xbox, I brought one of those. If tey'd have made a version for Gamecube, I would have brought that too (thankfully I had RE4 and Super Mario Sunshine to keep me busy there, though). When I heard there was a 360 version coming . . . guess what happened? PSP? Oh yeah.

I also think that because Blade/DE are only a smalledveloper is also part of the problem perhaps it needs the resources of a big developer like CM or EA to work with Blade to help them bring som e quality back into their products because as a casual gasmer myself I thought that for the mosrt part up until now things looked ok yes there has been problems with the games such as controls not being able to turn aiming aid off etc as have been mentioned but up until 11 at least the basics were covered so in a way it was onlt the new feastures themselves that were screwed up the problenm with 11 is the fact that it looks half done and that even the basics weren't covered properly. Although 09 has it's problems on the console asnd it does run awkward on my PS3 too it's kind of ironic that the one system they choose to ignore foy 07 and again with 11 the PC is the one system their games seem to work on when they produce them as 09 handles like a dream on mty Windows 7 machine

Comment

I'd like to see the sales figures for 11. I can't imagine it's doing very well, I expect it to be down to £20 shortly.

Comment

Yeah - but they dupe me every year.

I used to buy this game on day of release, and have done for nearly 10 years. I think I'll wait and save myself some cash before they rob me again next year.

Comment

Yeah - but they dupe me every year.

I used to buy this game on day of release, and have done for nearly 10 years. I think I'll wait and save myself some cash before they rob me again next year.
                      Me too but given the weay 11 looks I'll be weaiting for feedback befoer buying their next version so by the time I do I'll know what to expect or whether to even bother

Comment

I didnae buy it because they didnae release a PC version ... and from what's being said it sounds like that's a good thing. Like man here I've been playing since the original. on ps1.. the hours I had out of that game. As for 09 ... not much fun in that.

Did anybody enjoy '11?
                        Is í labhairt a dteanga go heisiach an moladh is mó is feidir linn a thabhairt do namhaid

Comment

I don't think many are too be honest no

Comment

To be honest, I haven't really enjoyed a version since '05. Everything about that game was great, duel commentators being one thing that stands out, and the way the white reacted . . . perfect.

11 seems like a series of bad design choices, built on a game engine that's now nearly six years old. In this current hardware generation, unless you start from the ground up on each new release, you might as well not bother putting the thing out.

Take, for example, the arrows which have been in the game since the PS1 days. That was a superb system, as you could judge by the amount of 'triangles' coming off the white as to where the white would most likely end up. If I take off the positional aid in the new version, and try to judge it with that frickin' white line, it's like playing blindfolded.

Utter ****e.

Comment

To be honest, I haven't really enjoyed a version since '05. Everything about that game was great, duel commentators being one thing that stands out, and the way the white reacted . . . perfect.

11 seems like a series of bad design choices, built on a game engine that's now nearly six years old. In this current hardware generation, unless you start from the ground up on each new release, you might as well not bother putting the thing out.

Take, for example, the arrows which have been in the game since the PS1 days. That was a superb system, as you could judge by the amount of 'triangles' coming off the white as to where the white would most likely end up. If I take off the positional aid in the new version, and try to judge it with that frickin' white line, it's like playing blindfolded.

Utter ****e.
                              to be honest I didn't think 07 and 09 were thast bad they just needed the conmtrols straightening out and the aiming aid clearer although it is clearer in 11 it does have many other problems and the controls are still mucked up

Comment

Working...
                              X