Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSC Real 09

Hi Guys & Gals

This is my first post on here but I just wanted to start a thread for WSC Real 09 which is coming out on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on 3rd April, a year since WSC Real 08 was supposed to be coming out on the next-gen consoles. I've played every edition of the WSC series, my favourite to date was World Snooker Championship 2005, least favourite was 2007 mainly because you couldn't turn off the grey circle which told you where the white would finish.

I played the 08 demo last year while I was at the /crucible and it looks amazing, I've preordered it and entered the prize draw on the official website. What are other people's thoughts on the game and the series?

Matt

Like you i'm really looking forward to WSC 09 on the PS3. At the moment i'm still playing World Championship Snooker 2007 on my PSP till WSC 09 is out. I hope WSC 09 doesn't disappoint when It's out after waiting such a long time for it to released. April cant come quick enough!
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

As I said Spike I played the demo last year and it looked awesome! At the minute I'm playing Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker using a DOS emulator until WSC Real 09 comes out, ordered it from Play and they usually dispatch pre-orders earlier than release date. Can't wait!

Comment

Ordered my copy from play.com too! How did the 2008 demo that you tried compared to previous versions cueboy?

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

I would have been happy to take the disc home and play it all year, I think its the best one yet, especially the first person camera, and the fact that the annoying grey circle can be turned off, you see the game through your players eyes right from being introduced behind the scenes so you see the audience applauding as you enter the arena that is cool!

Comment

How much have the graphics improved & are the ball physics just as good?

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

graphics look better in hd and ball physics are same as before

Comment

All i hope for now is It's not put back any further.

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Ive been waiting ages for this, i thought great its out just in time for the easter holidays, then i thought, darn i dont think my netbook will be very compatable with gaming But i will be getting it for my pc, i just might not be able to paly it for a month
                  sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
                    All i hope for now is It's not put back any further.
                    I'm praying to that too!!

Comment

I've been waiting for something more fluent and playable then Virtual Pool 3 for almost a decade. As a manic snooker lover and computer games enthusiast i've invested in every pool/snook sim thats been released. They all have some charm, and usualy better graphics and game modes.. but its always a style over substance issue. Nothing has ever been better than VP3. Try the demo and see from the celeris.com site.

I'm not saying Vp3 is perfect, the perfect sim i'm still waiting for.. but its more fluent to play.. and as you use the mouse to directly control the cue for pace.. you have proper touch control.

I'll be trying wsc09 as soon as I can, and I live in hope it will be the game i'm dreaming of, but after years of being let down by so many releases.. I've a feeling it wont be.

Comment

I bought vp3 a few months back to tide me over. The good thing is that Does run on my netbook
                        sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Hi,

As some of You might know I agree with djvivid.

I like how the mouse-controlled cue and aiming makes the gameplay of vp3 so fluent. While playing snooker (or pool) on vp3, I do the exact same routines as I do when playing on a real table: (nominate the colorball by pressing key 2-7) -> lineup and plan the shot (force, english, positioning of the white) from a little greater distance -> get down to aiming position and aim. Visualize the shot, try to remember the "big picture" which I got from lining up the shot -> draw back the cue and pause, which helps on focusing and getting the striking power right -> long, relaxed and smooth "mouse-action" () through the white to complete the shot. All this in just a few seconds. And the physhics model is by far the best which Ive seen on any pool/snooker game. And yes, its playable on a little older pc too, which I concider as a bonus . With windowed video mode to fulfill widescreen TFT and with ALT-TAB:ing its easy to jump into another application like music player, messenger etc.. while playing.

No need to hazzle around changing the striking power-bar for every single shot. Annoying, distracting and off-putting. Also with power-bar based strike, youre actually only just planning the shot, not performing it yourself. When you press the strike key, it is the computer which is performing the shot, not the player.

On the other hand, I like the graphics of WSC REAL 09 (PC), which look awesome. I like also the offline career mode of WSC with imaginary official tourneys etc, a cool plus. The animations on WSC look nice too, but somewhere deep inside I thank Celeris for not applying those into vp3. Those look good at first and have their charm but the longer you play the more they are getting just annoying and off-putting. (yes, can be turned off too, hopefully )

This is much like comparing 2 audio amplifiers, vp3 would be a high-end supernatural sounding amp which does only one thing but really good, intentionally lacking everything else and WSC would be a nice-looking multichannel AV-amplifier with lots of DSP effects. Maybe a little bad allegory

Like djvivid, Im also still waiting for the perfect sim. Somekind of combination of VP3 and WSC + a couple minor changes could be the one. Still couldn't beat the real deal though

Comment

Ow ... not again with this vp3 !

Syuh syuh ... go away

Save your energy on something else more useful.

Please discuss only WSC stuffs in this thread.

You already got a lot of answers regarding why people will still buy WSC despite how superior is vp3.

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookDude View Post
                              Ow ... not again with this vp3 !

Syuh syuh ... go away

Save your energy on something else more useful.

Please discuss only WSC stuffs in this thread.

You already got a lot of answers regarding why people will still buy WSC despite how superior is vp3.
                              Just wanted to agree with djvivids opinion. Thats all, sorry for off-topic post.

ps. read it again m8, like I said Im still waiting for the perfect sim, nothing superior hasn't been created yet

Comment

Working...
                              X