what size tv do you play wsc 08 on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what size tv do you play wsc 08 on?

may sound strange, but i have been trying to figure out why some people don't seem to get the hang of the wii motion sensor controls on wsc 08 or find it unplayable, etc.

i have been playing on a 42" screen and never actually played on anything smaller, so as is, i find the large screen view more realistic to view the shot, balls, etc.
    i recently played on a 50" screen and noticed that i needed to adjust my power as it seemed to affect my overall experience. nothing major, but just enough to alter the feel in power.

as a result, i felt if this can make such a difference, perhaps people are playing on smaller screens and not getting the right size or feel. if so, playing on a larger screen may alter there views. (not that i want everyone to go out and buy a larger tv), just a way to understand what people play on and how they cope.

like i said, may sound strange, but after playing for months on 42" and having a feel for it, playing on 50" did alter my shots power.

i know the wii is the only one out so far and this really relates to this as needs to be played through the wii's motion controls to feel the difference in real life pressure sensor.

this would be very intresting.

so what size tv do you all play on?

Well when i get mine for the PS3 i will be playing it on a 32inch screen. Not ideal but good enough for me!
    "Statistics won't tell you much about me. I play for love, not records."

ALEX HIGGINS

Comment

Originally Posted by spike View Post
      Well when i get mine for the PS3 i will be playing it on a 32inch screen. Not ideal but good enough for me!
      yes spike, that will be perfect for you.

it's more the wii version with sensor you feel. however seeming as you'll be sitting most of the time, just sit closer to the tv and save yourself buying a larger tv with the added effect of having larger balls. bonus, ha, ha, ha.

Comment

I play on a 77760 x 155520 pixel screen. *
        Too big for some, but perfect for me.
        It has an incredible likelike 3-D, almost 4-D quality!
        The surround sound rocks too much so I have it turned down.
        My opponents are so real I have to buy them a pint if I lose!

=o)

Noel

6' x 12'

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post

=o)

Noel

6' x 12'
          ha, ha.
          sounds way to big for someone with a small room. also best to keep that surround sound down, or the balls might do some serious ear drum damage.

Comment

Originally Posted by noel View Post

=o)

Noel

6' x 12'
            on second thoughts, keep it up. then you'll have an excuse not to buy them a pint, as you won't know what there asking for.

Comment

When I'll get it on Xbox 360, I'll play on my regular TV which is a 50" Full HDTV 1080p.
              sigpic

Want a graphic as a signature? Just ask me.

Comment

Originally Posted by JohnPizzapan View Post
                When I'll get it on Xbox 360, I'll play on my regular TV which is a 50" Full HDTV 1080p.
                SUPERB, let's hope blade don't let you down this time, otherwise they might come up with a new future, future proof hd tv, making yours old.

come on blade, no more delays please.

Comment

I play on Samsung Series 6, 46" with Yamaha RXV-1800 surround system

Once I visited my friend and played on his 29" screen (non HDTV obviously). It was Wii Sport Tennis. Oh boy, I got a lot of problems. Too small !!

I think the key here is the 480p resolution (the best you can get for Wii) via component cable, that helps a lot to see more clear and crisp images. I up-converted the Wii to 1080p via that Yamaha AV, but not much different (if not at all).

Too bad, Wii is not 1080p like XBox 360 or PS3 ...

Comment

Actually, most of the games on Xbox 360 aren't 1080p compatible. The best you can get is actually 720p most of the time.
                    sigpic

Comment

Actually, most of the games on Xbox 360 aren't 1080p compatible. The best you can get is actually 720p most of the time.
                      agreed, still impressive at the 720p and love my xbox360.

i just can't be bothered to go for ps3 at the moment to justify paying so much, for what it offers. if i felt a leap from wii to xbox360, i would probably find a reason to spend my cash.
                      the xbox360 offers enough compared to justify keeping. i mean, how much better will the wsc 09 ps3 version offer, what the xbox 360 can't?
                      everyone knows the difference with wii wsc 08 to the others, so more noticeable, but it's the controls that sold it for me, with new experience to play.

i'm not saying i'll never buy one, i just need a little more reason than a few games that offer a little more.

from what i heard, it offers loads. however like anything it takes designers time to fully unlock the true power and until then, it's not going to impress that much.
                      it's ok for sony or whoever to say how powerful these machines are, but there only as good as the games made for them.

years ago, i remember the old consoles that i owned and they only came across unlocking the true power near the end of it's life.

this worries me about these as despite ps3 power, you feel microsoft wanted enough power that companies found easier to make for and just wait until the developers were used to handling more before stepping up there game.
                      then when ps3 takes off, microsoft will prob just release something else, like always, and so on, and so on.

so all wsc 09's should impress graphically, bar wii, unless they surprise us with some secret wii power they unlock!............nahhhhhhhhhh!

Comment

We shall play Xbox Live sometime when the game will come up NFL. If you have it of course.
                        sigpic

Comment

We shall play Xbox Live sometime when the game will come up NFL. If you have it of course.

that would be good, only got a few issues.

1. can't decide whether to get it as i'm use to the wii controls.

2. if i do get it, i don't know if i will rust up before the final release final arrives

and

3. you will wipe the floor with me as i have NEVER played any other wsc game until the wii version came out!

seriously, a few years back i ordered a brand new psp with wsc 07 bundled copy and another free game. it got delivered and to my surprise i only had the wsc 07 game with other game free, BUT NO PSP to play it on. i got intouch with the company and they said they were out of stock of consoles, charged my card and sent the games. i told them i had no reason to have games if i could not play them on anything. they could not guarantee when psp's were back in stock, so i sent them back and got refund.

after that, i never got it again!!!!!!

still, apparently wsc 07 was not good anyway, so maybe a godsend!!!!!!

now should i get the xbox wsc 09 or not, and practice my game on that as well as the wii?, hhmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!

i think my brains going to melt with all this pressure!

Comment

My X360 Elite is connected to a Sony Bravia 40inch FullHD LCD-tv and a Sony 5.1 surround cinema system, so this should be perfect for WSC Real 09

Comment

Most of the games coming out on Xbox360 nowadays are 1080p. WSC2007 supported 720p, so i guess that WSC Real will support 1080p through HDMI. If not 720p will do just fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X