• latest wii wsc 09 news from blade

following statement from blade-

The graphics have been improved a great deal, especially in terms of
    lighting and the balls themselves. We also added new locations, faster
    load times, new 2009 features such as the Bahrain tournament and new
    challenges. We haven't implemented online play this time, and motion
    plus is something we will look at for the next version once the hardware
    is available.

the game is finished, but no date announced yet, although it will follow shortly after others. i asked if it would not be too long after and they said no.
    it's finished, so not too long would be great. no online, so going to have to settle with xbox or ps3 if you want that. also looking at motion plus next time, when hardware available, so could be interesting if it takes off well.

hopefully graphics will impress the non impressed this time.

what you all think? i'm happy enough with that.

Originally Posted by nfl View Post
    no online, so going to have to settle with xbox or ps3 if you want that.
    WSC Real 09 no online play ?

I'm waiting for the PC WSC 09 news..

Is WSC Real 09 (PC) a "Games for Windows" Game...

Is the carambolage Table a new feature...
    and is aiming aid beginner, normal and expert available...

My Youtube page: http://de.youtube.com/profile?user=S...ar&view=videos

My Vimeo Page:
    http://vimeo.com/user1333131sigpic

Comment

not sure on pc info.
      graphics going to be like your picture, complete with man! very realistic.

just want the wii version for the controls really, so the graphics and updates will keep me happy enough.

Comment

What a ... bummer .... I am quite disappointed.

The updates are not that significant.

Graphics? Ok, fine ... but current version is OK too.
        Bahrain? I can live without it.
        New challenges? What? probably ok, but that does not sound a good reason to buy.
        Locations? Well, to be honest ... I never paid attention to it
        Faster loading time? I am quite used to with it, so not worth enough.

With that reasons above, I am not sure I will spend 50 euro to buy the new Wii WSC 2009.

It will be different for, let say online mode OR/AND motion-plus.

How about the computer AI ? Will Ronny O'Sullivan win again and again ?

In reality, some players could make a surprise! And won a tournament ...

Not only Ronny ... Ronny ... and Ronny again.

I want to face against Stephen Hendry ... or Ding Jun Hui ... or Ken Doherty in the FINAL!

Comment

I totally agree with your point of view SnookDude !
          They could have make a great step forward with the online feature, and they could have wait for the MotionPlus release...

Comment

agreed with both, ea have the motion plus hardware already for june/july grand slam tennis and they have tested it, so surely could have given it to blade for tests too.

i am going to get anyway as i got 08 cheap and want to compare the two versions. the controls should be the same, so i should be able to get straight into the game. if you guys want to hold off on buying the 09 version, i'll give it a couple of seasons and let you know how it compares before parting with your money. if it offers a more even game with a varied number of players making the final for a change, (NOT RONNIE, RONNIE, RONNIE), then i can give you the honest view as comparing will be easy. if it's the same with some slightly shiney balls, i'll tell you to avoid.

let me know if you want me to inform or not.

i don't care, as if it's good, i'll give the other version to a family member who ain't got it yet. if it's rubbish, i'll just trade it in whilst still new.

Comment

Hi nfl,

Please do so if you can make an honest review of the WSC 2009 Wii version, really appreciated.

We knew now that there is not much significant / drastic improvement from WSC 2008, so mostly I am interested in game play improvement ... if there is any (hopefully). Things like computer AI, simulation, statistics ...

In an ideal situation, I would like to have the simulation part as realistic as possible. For example:

- Player can have a bad day. Then top player like Ronny may loose at first round, for example.

- Player can have a good day, Then low rank player can surprise us with going to the final round.

- Player can be ill ... so he wont participate in a tournament

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookDude View Post
                Hi nfl,

Please do so if you can make an honest review of the WSC 2009 Wii version, really appreciated.

We knew now that there is not much significant / drastic improvement from WSC 2008, so mostly I am interested in game play improvement ... if there is any (hopefully). Things like computer AI, simulation, statistics ...

In an ideal situation, I would like to have the simulation part as realistic as possible. For example:

- Player can have a bad day. Then top player like Ronny may loose at first round, for example.

- Player can have a good day, Then low rank player can surprise us with going to the final round.

- Player can be ill ... so he wont participate in a tournament
                you have my word mate, i knew that the gameplay/simulation would have been your main concern now, as it is mine. anything else can be a little bonus.

i suppose you mean ronnie as the player that's ill for tournament!

both of us know this game inside out, so it won't be hard to seperate them apart, if any!

i will be honest and sure to give as accurate as possible.

all the best mate.

Comment

yes its disappointing that the long wait for wsc 09 isnt really worth the wait, i was hoping it would feature a snooker plus mode. I have noticed on the 08 version that i have never played ding jun hui and marco fu only once, also anthony havlatt looks like jimmy white! I think another impressive feature would be a veterans league including all the heroes of yesteryear like ray reardon and alex higgins.

Comment

Working...
                  X