WSC Real on PC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSC Real on PC

When will there be videos for the PC version?

Also:

Will the Mosconi Cup be included?
    Can you now take the shot in 1st person, like in 'Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker'? I prefer being able to line the shot up myself, the 'arrows' feel too unrealistic.
    How many snooker and pool players are in the game (proper ones, not made up amateurs)?
    Can you use the mouse to simulate cue movement?
    And can you move around the table in 1st person?

What are the minimum and recommended specs?

Edit: About the sound, I found with some of the older games from this series, the sound when the ball hits the cushion is far too loud and destroys the atmosphere of the game. Oh and talking of atmosphere, can we have some more variety in crowd response? They never get really excited, not like they do in real life. Let's see some real work done on that side of it this year, eh? Going back to the cushions, compared to real life, they're dead. Let's see them act like proper full size table cushions this year?
    Last edited by DavisFan76; 14 December 2008, 12:35 PM.
    Mobo: GA-P35-S3
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2Ghz
    GPU: ATI EAH4850 512mb DDR3
    RAM: Kingston 2.Gb 240pin DDR2 PC667Mhz PC5300
    Sound: Audigy 4

Originally Posted by DavisFan76 View Post
    When will there be videos for the PC version?

Also:

Will the Mosconi Cup be included?
    Can you now take the shot in 1st person, like in 'Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker'? I prefer being able to line the shot up myself, the 'arrows' feel too unrealistic.
    How many snooker and pool players are in the game (proper ones, not made up amateurs)?
    Can you use the mouse to simulate cue movement?
    And can you move around the table in 1st person?

What are the minimum and recommended specs?

Edit: About the sound, I found with some of the older games from this series, the sound when the ball hits the cushion is far too loud and destroys the atmosphere of the game. Oh and talking of atmosphere, can we have some more variety in crowd response? They never get really excited, not like they do in real life. Let's see some real work done on that side of it this year, eh? Going back to the cushions, compared to real life, they're dead. Let's see them act like proper full size table cushions this year?
    I really suggest getting virtual pool 3 from almost all your questions, because WSC Real wont satisfy the needs you have put across
    Admin of SnookerDB.com - Watch Snooker!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Ronnie87 View Post
      I really suggest getting virtual pool 3 from almost all your questions, because WSC Real wont satisfy the needs you have put across
      What do you mean specifically? The 1st person shot view and so on? I don't mind too much about how much pool stuff is included, that's not what I'd buy it for, but I do want a proper 'virtual snooker' experience.

Comment

Hello, mate!

En passant saw your forum, search news on game "WSC Real 2008". I read your comments and immediately understood you are fans of snooker. I only am teacher of snooker and have club and a forum, where we play national online tournaments at "WSC 2003 and 2004" games for PC.
        For It is not all friends, who play that have cabinets - we play games on PC. My idea is we to reach you and do one and more international online tournament. We already the have Bulgarian national team and Ranking list, who is updated each and every one month, because we cause each and every one months tournaments.
        I understand you play the adaptation that exists for "Nintendo". Let those of you, that start online at toilets "WCS 2003, 2004" hold tournament for PC and strongest lacrosse players write a team, that will represent you against us! Can see more information of the tournaments, that we hold to that address :
        http://spinningrookies.bulboard.com/viewforum.php?f=28

On contact with me Skype Address:
        "liquidsnake73"
        I look forward to answer!

Best Regards
        Mr. Nicely

Comment

Sorry but I can not read at the Forum. Is there a English board ?
          My Youtube page: http://de.youtube.com/profile?user=S...ar&view=videos

My Vimeo Page:
          http://vimeo.com/user1333131sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Tablefitter View Post
            Sorry but I can not read at the Forum. Is there a English board ?
            No, there isn't. But you can use google translate:

http://translate.google.com/translat...27&sl=bg&tl=en

The translation isn't perfect but if you have any other questions just contact Mr_Nicely ;-)

Comment

ok, thanks for the note. But I am looking for a community to speak my language or English.

Edit: I use multitrans 5.1

My Vimeo Page:

Comment

Hi,

I totally agree with Ronnie87. Trying out Virtual Pool 3 is really worth of it. Virtual Pool 3 what you wanted from a game:

- 1st person gameplay. Actually it has ONLY the 1st person view. Vp3 does not have any silly "striking player" -animations it it (thank god)
                - Mouse is directly connected to the cue
                - With a little camera-setup change, you can set the camera for even more realistic setting than it is as a default. Hint: the zoom and the C-key
                - The Physhics and the gameplay. Vp3 is the only game out there which which is designed to a real play fan. The physhics model is very realistic.

The gameplay is just as fluent than a real play: there are no any striking-animation. I hated to watch this animation in WCS again again again again and again after pressing the "strike" -button. It was just disturbing. And it looked crap too.

Dont let the Virtual "POOL" 3 fool you; it has snooker game also on a snooker table.

I have played snooker almost 3 years once/twice a week for real and I know what I'm talking about. I have tried multiple snooker/pool games (WSC 2003 & 2005, iSnooker, Poolstars etc.) and vp3 is better than all of those put together. Only thing bad in vp3 is the graphics. But is just a minor flaw, because the gameplay and the physhics are just astonishing!

I will try WSC REAL too when it is released, but I have a feeling I wont like it. Lol the arrows, the gameplay and the physhics on WSC (earlier versions at least) were...just HILARIOUS! I couldn't stand the games.

How many of you have made a break of 147 in WSC? And how many of them? One more question for You: Whats your break record on real table? Virtual pool 3 is 8 years old game now and the maximum break has been done in the game by just a few of players less than 10 times in all in 8 years! It has been caught on video only one time by a Romanian really good player, truely one of the best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5zZaHHQiUM&fmt=6 . My best break on real table is 40 and 66 on vp3. Maybe that is telling something about the game. I have played vp3 snooker maybe 2 years, and during last 9 months really active on online-mode via Gamespy Arcade.

You can get the game here: http://www.celeris.com/games/vp3/buy.html . Use the discount-code: vp3pc1104 to get it for $10.

-Fluke[FIN]

Comment

Based on WSC Real 08 for Wii (because I assume WSC for PC will be more or less the same for this features below).

1. You can completely turn off the animation during game play.

2. You can completely turn off the arrows

3. And the physics is quite OK and realistic

Just for your information.

I played Virtual Pool 3 for PC (and also for Pocket PC), but I don't like the way we must do forward-motion by using the mouse (or stylus) to shot. For some reason, it does not always work as expected. Probably my hand or my mouse.

Same like with the Wii version, some people will say it is too difficult to do forward-motion-shot using Wii controller, but some people (like me) found no problem with it.

Some people prefer to be able to set the power manually (power-bar), and then shot by pressing a button. But some people will say thats too easy.

Originally Posted by Fluke[FIN] View Post
                  I will try WSC REAL too when it is released, but I have a feeling I wont like it. Lol the arrows, the gameplay and the physhics on WSC (earlier versions at least) were...just HILARIOUS! I couldn't stand the games.

-Fluke[FIN]

Comment

Originally Posted by SnookDude View Post
                    Based on WSC Real 08 for Wii (because I assume WSC for PC will be more or less the same for this features below).

1. You can completely turn off the animation during game play.

2. You can completely turn off the arrows

3. And the physics is quite OK and realistic

Just for your information.

I played Virtual Pool 3 for PC (and also for Pocket PC), but I don't like the way we must do forward-motion by using the mouse (or stylus) to shot. For some reason, it does not always work as expected. Probably my hand or my mouse.

Same like with the Wii version, some people will say it is too difficult to do forward-motion-shot using Wii controller, but some people (like me) found no problem with it.

Some people prefer to be able to set the power manually (power-bar), and then shot by pressing a button. But some people will say thats too easy.
                    Hi,

"I played Virtual Pool 3 for PC (and also for Pocket PC), but I don't like the way we must do forward-motion by using the mouse (or stylus) to shot. For some reason, it does not always work as expected. Probably my hand or my mouse." ??

Did you remember to draw the cue back before the actual stroke (a push-shot)? heh (sry)

I think the mouse-strike is one of the best things in VP -series. It gives truely amazing "touch" to your stroke. I find the "set striking power from 0-100" -method in WSC very, very very annoying.

What about the arrow -thing: Lets think of the online game. You are playing with some other player online. If you want to play more realistic, without the arrows, do you just ask the other player to remove these arrows too? How can you be sure he/she removes those arrows too? Do you just count on the answer of the other player? (btw is there a chat on online-game?)

If you choose to disable the arrows, are you able to aim from a realistic view (head on top of the cue)? In every WSC-video I've seen the camera-angle is just terrible, it looks like the player is striking while standing straight on his feet.

The physhics might be OK-ish, but somehow in my opinion the balls behave a little strange in WSC. It just does not look natural. Still waaaay from the realisticness of vp3 physhics.

How does the cueball behave if you hit hard to the cushion with a low angle? And how about when applying english to the shot, is there any squirt in the path of cueball in WSC?

It also seems the table on WSC is dead slow, can this be tuned?

Comment

@Blade: This is supposed to be the Official World Snooker game, so it shouldn't be some stupid arcade game with arrows everywhere! Give the game the respect it deserves, or let someone else have a go!

Comment

@DavisFan76:

safety147car on youtube:
                        I'm disappointed of WSC07 because it isn't such a challenging game like WSC05.I'm talking about the aiming expert,which was very difficult.I played a whole season with aiming short and I was very proud about my achievement.What should high skilled players do with WSC07?Snooker pro's are complete under-demanded.
                        The grey circle,which shows the final place of the cue ball,is very innovative,but why I can't disable that circle?snooker pro's don't need this
                        wsc08 is better for snooker pro's?
                        bladeinteractive's answer:
                        We've listened to this kind of feedback from the pros like yourself, and you have full choice to disable the aiming arrows, the positional circle or both so you can play at your level.
                        If you mean the positional aiming marker - yes the system is still there. The size of the circular marker is related to certainty of position... so if you put lots of spin on for example the circle will get larger, and the cue ball will end in somewhere in the circle, unless a second ball is hit by the cue ball after the object ball. We have put in the ability to disable the different aiming aid types if you desire so the system caters to experts and amateurs alike.
                        You can switch off the aiming arrows and/or positional circle for all gameplay modes, including online (except for the Wii version which works slightly differently).

result: WSC Real 08 & WSC Real 09 = the Official World Snooker game
                        Last edited by Tablefitter; 14 January 2009, 05:59 PM.

My Vimeo Page:

Comment

For the x times .... those arrows can be switched OFF

Originally Posted by DavisFan76 View Post
                          @Blade: This is supposed to be the Official World Snooker game, so it shouldn't be some stupid arcade game with arrows everywhere! Give the game the respect it deserves, or let someone else have a go!

Comment

Im glad they have left them on,they done the best thing

Comment

I do remember to draw back before the actual stroke ... but after some times, my arm-wrist got pain.

The thing is that there should be an option ... mouse-strike, power-bar, keyboard-banging, etc.

For viewing angle, I like the old Jimmy White game better, and I am sure there are quite a lot more people agree with me.

But yeah ... it is difficult to satisfy all kind of people for any game

Pick the one that satisfy you ...

About the shot-aim ... isn't it more satisfying if you can beat your opponent regardless he/she is using shot-aim or not?

Originally Posted by Fluke[FIN] View Post
                              Hi,

"I played Virtual Pool 3 for PC (and also for Pocket PC), but I don't like the way we must do forward-motion by using the mouse (or stylus) to shot. For some reason, it does not always work as expected. Probably my hand or my mouse." ??

Did you remember to draw the cue back before the actual stroke (a push-shot)? heh (sry)

I think the mouse-strike is one of the best things in VP -series. It gives truely amazing "touch" to your stroke. I find the "set striking power from 0-100" -method in WSC very, very very annoying.

What about the arrow -thing: Lets think of the online game. You are playing with some other player online. If you want to play more realistic, without the arrows, do you just ask the other player to remove these arrows too? How can you be sure he/she removes those arrows too? Do you just count on the answer of the other player? (btw is there a chat on online-game?)

If you choose to disable the arrows, are you able to aim from a realistic view (head on top of the cue)? In every WSC-video I've seen the camera-angle is just terrible, it looks like the player is striking while standing straight on his feet.

The physhics might be OK-ish, but somehow in my opinion the balls behave a little strange in WSC. It just does not look natural. Still waaaay from the realisticness of vp3 physhics.

How does the cueball behave if you hit hard to the cushion with a low angle? And how about when applying english to the shot, is there any squirt in the path of cueball in WSC?

It also seems the table on WSC is dead slow, can this be tuned?

Comment

Working...
                              X