Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to unlock...

Hi all,
    I have just today bought WSC Real 2008 and I think its amazing but I was just wondering how you unlock the top players and the venues for the versus mode for when playing against others?

Cheers
    C77
    2009 Shanghai Masters Predict the Qualifiers Champion

2008 Grand Prix Final Prediction Champion

http://ryan147.com

I won the Shanghai tournament, and I unlocked the "medium" player category.

I don't know the other ... probably need more winning, which is very difficult although not impossible.

At this moment, I will face Ronny O'Sullivan in the UK Championship FINAL!

I think I will loose ... He is too good in this game. I never won against him.

Originally Posted by crucible77 View Post
    Hi all,
    I have just today bought WSC Real 2008 and I think its amazing but I was just wondering how you unlock the top players and the venues for the versus mode for when playing against others?

Cheers
    C77

Comment

By the way, I play WSC Real 08 for Nintendo Wii ...

Comment

Ive got it for Wii too,
        Im not very good tho, In my first 3 tournaments (season mode) ive only won 1 match any tips on how to get better :snooker:

Comment

Well, they are though ... but, you will be fine.

It took me quite a lot of frames to win some matches.

Here are my tips:

- Invest a lot in potting skills (I got 100!), then pressure, then spin. I put only 1 in power Now, I am investing in tools and spin.

- Do all those practice tasks (coach, trick shots) to get easy skill points (not all are easy btw).

- Play 8 ball tournament, because it is quite easy And you will get skill points. To speed up, renew season after 2nd round. If you won 2-0 on 3 frames game, you got 2 skill points. Skip round 3 (5 frames game) and renew the season (if you won 3-0, you also got 2 skill points!).

- Set the "shot-aim" to more than half (or half) ...

As you can see here, it took me more than 100 frames to won a tournament!

By the way, I lost to Ronny on UK Championship final ... But I lost my interest because the save game does not work well! I won 2-1 at first (it was 7 frames game). Then I decided to quit, and I saw the "autosave" popup. I thought my game was saved. So, I had dinner, watched tv and decided to continue.

What??? It was reset to 0-0 ... and I lost 0-2. My God ... I turned the Wii by press and hold the power button.

Restart again ... and ... it was saved to 0-2 !!!!!

So, I lost my interest to continue, I conceded the remaining frames.

This (save game) is also my biggest complaint. It needs quite a lot of time to finish 7 frames game, we need to take a break!

Ive got it for Wii too,
          Im not very good tho, In my first 3 tournaments (season mode) ive only won 1 match any tips on how to get better :snooker:

Comment

Ive just got the Welsh Open and World Championship left in my 1st (ever) season and ive won an amazing 2!!! matches

Comment

Very nice start!

Keep invest on potting skill At the end you will have no problem potting a ball (much easier).

The computer opponents are very good (in real life too! Obviously they are the best of the best), but thats a challenge ... and the only way we can beat them is by having a lot of practice and invest a lot of skill points.

I beat John Higgins But I have never won against Ronny O'Sullivan. Ronny won almost all tournaments, a bit un-realistic probably and quite boring. Blade needs to turned down a bit his difficulty level.

In my game, Joe Swail is in 3rd world ranking.

Shaun Murphy is in 4rd ranking, and I have never be able to beat him as well. His safety is unbelievable.

And safety is the most important in this game, once you cannot put a good safety, then your are done against those top 5 players.

Ive just got the Welsh Open and World Championship left in my 1st (ever) season and ive won an amazing 2!!! matches

Comment

im still very unsure on whether to buy this game or not. i heard that sometimes the wii remote attachable cue gets in the way of the signal it sends to the wii. what are the graphics like? i want to buy it, but im concerned it may be a waste of money. i have the psp world championship 2007, and i loved it.
                Crucible77's Bahrain Championship Fantasy Game Winner 2008 :snooker:

HB practice: 112
                HB match: 81

Comment

@ Snookdude

a) Whats your ranking at the minute
                  b) How many seasons was it b4 u qualified for a tournament
                  c) How many seasons was it b4 u won a tournament?
                  d? How many tournaments have u won?

Comment

This game is different, it does not use the infrared signal of the wii controller, but it uses the accelerometer.

That's why the attachable cue works, it works very good in my opinion.

The graphics are not too bad, actually it is good for Wii standard.

I played the PSP version few months ago, it was good as well.

However, this will give you very much different experience, especially with the attachable cue.

I bought other Wii pool/snooker (Midnight Pool [no snooker!], Cue Sports [too easy!]), this is the best. Especially because of the controller, computer opponents, and game play

This afternoon, I invited several of my friends who love snooker / pool. Let see what do they say

Originally Posted by stjimmy18-1991 View Post
                    im still very unsure on whether to buy this game or not. i heard that sometimes the wii remote attachable cue gets in the way of the signal it sends to the wii. what are the graphics like? i want to buy it, but im concerned it may be a waste of money. i have the psp world championship 2007, and i loved it.

Comment

Hi there,

a) World ranking = 36

b) I dont understand this question, I think you are qualified for all tournament except Pot Black (requires to be in top 16)

c) Dont remember, I play almost everyday (evening). Probably more than 10.

d) My achievements:

- Won Shanghai Masters
                      - Won 8 Balls UK Championship

* Final UK Championship (lost against Ronny O'Sullivan)
                      * Seminal Golden cue (lost against Shaun Murphy)

e) Skills points

- Potting = 100
                      - Position = 6
                      - Tools = 23
                      - Pressure = 32
                      - Swerve = 0
                      - Jump = 0
                      - Cue Power = 1
                      - Spin = 45

@ Snookdude

a) Whats your ranking at the minute
                      b) How many seasons was it b4 u qualified for a tournament
                      c) How many seasons was it b4 u won a tournament?
                      d? How many tournaments have u won?

Comment

Today, I won The Shanghai Masters again

Finally, I beat Ronny O'Sullivan in the final 4-2 (The best of 7 frames).

But after that I was knocked out on the following tournament (The Masters) ...

I am now World Ranking 35!

Comment

unlocked cheat menu

has anyone unlocked the cheat enu on their game yet. i have been playing since release and despite earning loads of skill points, have never used any. i won the uk championships and now before every game, i get an option saying, human win, ai win or play match. normally it would say play match and not sure if it is because i don't use my skill points. i never would bother cheating, as it's pointless. however just wondered if anyone else got it. even when you are playing a match, if you press pause, it says win match under quit match. i have made a few finals and several semis and made my first 141 break today and got highest in the tournament, (well chuffed).

Comment

thats cheat menu as above (not cheat enu), sorry, missed the m.
                            anyway, anybody got it?

Comment

ehm, I have never seen such menu ... Can you make a photo or something Just courious.

Probably because I used all skill points (always) ... not sure.

Anyway, I don't like cheating, especially this game. After a while and get use to the control, it is quite easy to be honest.

So far, I won Shanghai twice, grand prix ... and now in the final of world champion against Ronny O'Sullivan.

You beat my highest break of 135

Comment

Working...
                              X