This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by nfl View Post
    i don't know how long people have owned there copy and have their receipt, but i would take it back to store or contact and ask if it would be possible to exchange for something else.
    you would have a good case as the game is not 100% working correctly, due to online, etc. in that respect, they can't offer an exchange for the same title as it ain't just like a faulty disc. there is no knowing how long it will be to finally get sorted and it's not like they are going to knock the price down for faults.

like i said, you would have a good arguement and can always say that if they sort it out in the future, then you can always re purchase at a later date. plus your not asking for a refund to purchase elsewhere, so couldn't see a problem.
    There is no way on earth the shop would take an unsealde copy back, s the security tag ahs been broken and I know most stores have a policy that if it's broken then non-returnable. I honestly don't think they'll accept "it doesn't work online" as an argument either...but I guess you never know your luck :s

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hayz View Post
      There is no way on earth the shop would take an unsealde copy back, s the security tag ahs been broken and I know most stores have a policy that if it's broken then non-returnable. I honestly don't think they'll accept "it doesn't work online" as an argument either...but I guess you never know your luck :s
      yes mate, i know what you mean, but you were also unaware of the games non 100% working when you unsealed!

if you unsealed and a game was perfect, but you didn't like it, it's a no, no.

if you unseal and a game is not 100% to what you paid, you have a good arguement. i know most won't be bothered or feel nothing can be done, but if you don't ask, you don't get.

it all depends how polite or sometimes how annoyed you can get infront of other customers. i have been told some things in the past, but it's amazing what can be achieved if push comes to shove.

also, if people were prepared to give it a go and get a result, they could let others know and may give others the push to do the same and also give blade a little kickstart.

like you said, you never know your luck!

all the best mate.

Comment

• true, worth a try I suppose!

Comment

• that's the spirit mate.

don't bother telling them about things on hear they may not know, just say you have tried getting help from customer support, but there has been none. say games are expensive enough and you just want a game that works 100% for what you paid in the first place. like i said, just say if they sort it out in the future you would probs purchase again, even if you don't.

most stores can't be asked to chase problems and find that just swapping maybe the best option!

as i said, good luck mate.

Comment

• oh, and try and get a friendly member of staff if in store and ask for the manager if no joy.

sometimes i find another store may have more friendly staff than others and are more willing to help than the last. it's usually who deals with you, that you get a results.

i worked in a electronics store with games years ago and would always help anyone out, as i believed in customer service and keeping people happy. sadly, others in store would not, so they would look for me most times.

shame i didn'ti work where you need to go as i would have changed it no probs for you!

Comment

i don't know how long people have owned there copy and have their receipt, but i would take it back to store or contact and ask if it would be possible to exchange for something else.
              you would have a good case as the game is not 100% working correctly, due to online, etc. in that respect, they can't offer an exchange for the same title as it ain't just like a faulty disc. there is no knowing how long it will be to finally get sorted and it's not like they are going to knock the price down for faults.

like i said, you would have a good arguement and can always say that if they sort it out in the future, then you can always re purchase at a later date. plus your not asking for a refund to purchase elsewhere, so couldn't see a problem.
              That should be the case, but they could turn around and say 'if it runs, then it isn't faulty'. Depends on whether you get some stupid moron who will only do things by the book. I was lucky when I bought Half Life 2 ages ago, only to discover I couldn't play it as I didn't have the 'net back then and the 'offline' method didn't want to work for me. It was past HMV's returns date, but the guy I spoke to was sympathetic, as it was useless to me and let me change it for something else.
              Mobo: GA-P35-S3
              CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2Ghz
              GPU: ATI EAH4850 512mb DDR3
              RAM: Kingston 2.Gb 240pin DDR2 PC667Mhz PC5300
              Sound: Audigy 4

Comment

• Originally Posted by DavisFan76 View Post
                That should be the case, but they could turn around and say 'if it runs, then it isn't faulty'. Depends on whether you get some stupid moron who will only do things by the book. I was lucky when I bought Half Life 2 ages ago, only to discover I couldn't play it as I didn't have the 'net back then and the 'offline' method didn't want to work for me. It was past HMV's returns date, but the guy I spoke to was sympathetic, as it was useless to me and let me change it for something else.
                so you see my point mate and proves it can work.
                like i said before and if you don't ask you don't get!!!

what have you got to lose?

apparently the games a pain, so worth a shot, surely!!!!!!

Comment

so you see my point mate and proves it can work.
                  like i said before and if you don't ask you don't get!!!

what have you got to lose?

apparently the games a pain, so worth a shot, surely!!!!!!
                  Of course it's worth a shot, it just depends on who you get behind the counter. Pick your target carefully, gentlemen...

I won't be doing that, because I'm quite enjoying the game, but it appears I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't feel they've wasted their money. I feel sorry for everyone else, especially those who got it mainly for online. Even though I enjoy it, the game still needs tons of work, as I've outlined in another post.
                  Mobo: GA-P35-S3
                  CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 2Ghz
                  GPU: ATI EAH4850 512mb DDR3
                  RAM: Kingston 2.Gb 240pin DDR2 PC667Mhz PC5300
                  Sound: Audigy 4

Comment

• pleased that someone likes it.

if anyone else does not get any joy, the last resort is to offer the salesman a £5-£10 bribe to sort it. if he sorts it out, tell him that you now want a refund on the money just paid!

no, if people really don't like, just try it or forever be disapointed!

Comment

yes mate, i know what you mean, but you were also unaware of the games non 100% working when you unsealed!

if you unsealed and a game was perfect, but you didn't like it, it's a no, no.

if you unseal and a game is not 100% to what you paid, you have a good arguement. i know most won't be bothered or feel nothing can be done, but if you don't ask, you don't get.

it all depends how polite or sometimes how annoyed you can get infront of other customers. i have been told some things in the past, but it's amazing what can be achieved if push comes to shove.

also, if people were prepared to give it a go and get a result, they could let others know and may give others the push to do the same and also give blade a little kickstart.

like you said, you never know your luck!

all the best mate.
                      I wish him luck, but it's pretty doubtful. The problem lies with Blade and it's not really an issue that the shop should be indirectly responsible for. The rest of the game works okay.
                      I use the GAME shop and will accept a return up to 3 months after purchase providing the software is faulty. I think under that rule then the shops have a pretty strong arguement, this is not a software issue directly as I can see.

Comment

• Originally Posted by stewpot01 View Post
                        I wish him luck, but it's pretty doubtful. The problem lies with Blade and it's not really an issue that the shop should be indirectly responsible for. The rest of the game works okay.
                        I use the GAME shop and will accept a return up to 3 months after purchase providing the software is faulty. I think under that rule then the shops have a pretty strong arguement, this is not a software issue directly as I can see.
                        i don't disagree with you mate about that, but like i say, it's down to many factors, ie person, etc.

like i said, i would easily have sorted in that position, as that was just me.

you see we read up on these issues and it takes some time to get answers and you are aware and prepared. when you go to a store and put them on the spot, chances are they won't have a clue of the whole issues that you are aware of. as a result, if they don't have a good enough knowledge, they will just find it better to get rid of the customer as soon as possible.

when they have answers that's fine, but when there confused on what your saying and nobody else can help, they usually just take the easy way out.

like i said several times before, you don't ask, you don't get!!!

Comment

i don't disagree with you mate about that, but like i say, it's down to many factors, ie person, etc.

like i said, i would easily have sorted in that position, as that was just me.

you see we read up on these issues and it takes some time to get answers and you are aware and prepared. when you go to a store and put them on the spot, chances are they won't have a clue of the whole issues that you are aware of. as a result, if they don't have a good enough knowledge, they will just find it better to get rid of the customer as soon as possible.

when they have answers that's fine, but when there confused on what your saying and nobody else can help, they usually just take the easy way out.

like i said several times before, you don't ask, you don't get!!!
                          Oh, don't get me wrong I totally agree, and yes it is down to the salesperson.let's wish him luck .

Comment

• blade responce ps3 online disconnection

ive spoken to one of the reps at blade this morning about the disconnection issue on the ps3 .His responce was that the patch ahas now been forwarded to SONY whom are testing the patch . it is now down to sony to release the patch so that life can continue with the snooker game online.... as to when sony get there finger out is another matter.?

Comment

• So, we are likely to get a working online game shortly?

Its ridiculous to me that the game was delayed for 18 months, and in that time, they never actually fully tested the PS3 online?

Surely they did. The game has to go through vigourous playtesting via Sony before any release is sanctioned, so it was obviously working fine then.

What did Blade do? It's been weeks since I bought this game online, and not had one complete game online, always DC'ing after 30 seconds or so.

The thing that annoys me the most, is that even though the game DC's, the stats record it as a win for the game host. Pathetic if you ask me.

So, people are creating games, playing for 30 seconds, getting DC'd and getting the win.

Shocking.

Comment

• Aiming system

Do we know if there are any plans for a patch that will allow us to use the mouse to control our aiming in the PC version? Using the keys means you can't refine your aim and get the shots you want. It's very frustrating.
                                Cheers
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X