WSC Real 2009 on Windows 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSC Real 2009 on Windows 7

I installed WSC Real 2009 on Windows 7 (RC). Installation went without problem. The progam does not want to start however. After some seconds of black it returns to the OS.

I did tried several compatibility modes (XP, VISTA, SP1, 2 etc). All with the same result: Black and then back to OS.

When I run it in Vista (SP2) on the same machine (different hard disk with same specs) it runs fine.

Somebody a hint?

Pedroo

Seeing as you have tried the compatability modes I have 2 other suggestions. First download any updates for the game from the publisher. The other thing is that Windows 7 Pro and Ultimate have an XP virtual machine. You need to download it from windows update it is not part of the base installation. Microsoft claim that all Windows XP software and drivers will work when run on the virtual machine. If all else fails just go back to Vista.

Comment

Hi

I have installed and played on win 7

You need to do the install as administrator otherwise the file wcs2009.dat ends up 0 bytes, i know because i had exactly the same problem , you probably got an error during install saying it couldnt copy it...

Anyway install as admin fixes it

Gosoon

Comment

Originally Posted by gosoon View Post
        Hi

You need to do the install as administrator otherwise the file wcs2009.dat ends up 0 bytes, i know because i had exactly the same problem , you probably got an error during install saying it couldnt copy it...

Gosoon
        I found that out. But thanks anyway.

Pedroo

Comment

hi,

I have this same issue, when I right click and choose run as administrator, it still doesn't unpack the wscdat file and ends up as 0 bytes, i've tried to bypass this by simply copying the file from the cd after install into the folder, but the error is the same, it crashes almost immediatly.

Can this be fixed or is vista the only way?

Comment

I take it since there hasn't been an update since May, that Windows 7 is a WCS free zone?

Comment

Originally Posted by redhat99 View Post
              hi,

I have this same issue, when I right click and choose run as administrator, it still doesn't unpack the wscdat file and ends up as 0 bytes, i've tried to bypass this by simply copying the file from the cd after install into the folder, but the error is the same, it crashes almost immediatly.

Can this be fixed or is vista the only way?
              i have the same problem and iam not able to start it... so reading through your replys it seems like i am not able to play it on win7?
              is that true?
              i's sure the administrator but i cant install the file
              please any help?

cheers

Comment

When you become the error message just replace the wcs2009.dat(0 Byte), with the wcs2009.dat(2,35 GB) from your CD and then just click on ignore and let the installation finish.

And then it seems to work

Comment

Originally Posted by David187 View Post
                  When you become the error message just replace the wcs2009.dat(0 Byte), with the wcs2009.dat(2,35 GB) from your CD and then just click on ignore and let the installation finish.

And then it seems to work
                  Yep the above is correct, what i did is click ignore when the problem arises finish the install then delete the wcs2009dat in the game folder and copy and paste the wcs2009.dat from the disc into the game folder after installation. All works fine.

Comment

windows 7 problems

greeting to one and all hi i new to this forum fristly i must thank everyone who posted a reslove to the windows 7 problem as stated on this forum all u need to do is copy the dat file from the game disc into the progam folder i am now got it up and running with windows 7 ultimate

once again thanks to all involved.....:snooker:

Comment

Glad you got it sorted enjoy playing :snooker: online.
                      Dark side of the moon

Comment

windows 7 problems update

hi again to all wonder if any one can help on this one as u will see from a early post i gave i got this working on windows 7 now i got a new problem i just updated my graphic driver (nvidia 8600) from 195 to 196 and now the game will not start check the dat file it was still there i even uninstalled and reinstalled same thing any help would be nice

thanks one and all...jjacko...:snooker:

Comment

thanks will this really solve the problem hope so

Comment

unistall your update

Comment

Originally Posted by gosoon View Post
                              Hi

Gosoon
                              thank you so much your my hero

Comment

Working...
                              X