X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They want to train your patients..

Wnat you remember that snooker is a gentlemen games

Comment

I always seem to fluke my breaks. I pulled off a corker of a break only last night and ended up tucked up behind the brown ball in the baulk end.

Practice definately makes perfect in this game. The key is to try and break up the reds by potting the blue in the middle pocket. What you need to try and make sure is you don't run out of position when all the reds are open, otherwise you'll have to find a safe area for the cue ball and cover any available reds at the same time which can be tough to do sometimes. Just take your time and try to think one or two shots ahead before you pot the reds. Have a colour ball in mind before you pot it.

I went through an awful phase last week playing this game and just couldn't seem to win a frame, but now I'm qualifying for most tournaments and reaching the Quarter final or Semi final stages. My ranking has jumped from 52 to 45 in the last 4 days

Comment

Originally Posted by STEVE 09 View Post
        I always seem to fluke my breaks. I pulled off a corker of a break only last night and ended up tucked up behind the brown ball in the baulk end.

Practice definately makes perfect in this game. The key is to try and break up the reds by potting the blue in the middle pocket. What you need to try and make sure is you don't run out of position when all the reds are open, otherwise you'll have to find a safe area for the cue ball and cover any available reds at the same time which can be tough to do sometimes. Just take your time and try to think one or two shots ahead before you pot the reds. Have a colour ball in mind before you pot it.

I went through an awful phase last week playing this game and just couldn't seem to win a frame, but now I'm qualifying for most tournaments and reaching the Quarter final or Semi final stages. My ranking has jumped from 52 to 45 in the last 4 days
        I play the complete opposite with the 'blue into middle pocket' way of opening up the bunch, I just always try and get on the black and open them up with the black, I always break of how you would in real life and ending up in the baulk, normally the computer leaves a shot where I get a chance to hold for the black of a long red pot and then I play from there... most of the time on this game now I'm so used to it I always get decent breaks, sometimes the balls don't like to go into the middle pocket though!!! Problem with opening the reds with the blue is either if you put full power on the game or put any form of screw or side you have chance of potting one of the reds or the whiteball, I'm pretty good at snookering the computer too just read the lines I guess... all in all it is a good game but I can't wait for '10 it should be brilliant. I'm busy playing Doherty I think in the quarter-finals so lets see how this goes tonight, play a few hours on it tonight.
        Dark side of the moon

Comment

When I open the bunch by potting the blue the red always falls
          2007 TSF Pot Black prediction contest winner
          2010 TSF Welsh Open Predict the qualifiers winner

Comment

Originally Posted by missneworleans View Post
            When I open the bunch by potting the blue the red always falls
            I've had that happen to me on several occasions, I once got a long red and then screwed of the yellow and broke the pack, I got over 100+ break on that time, was great I remember it so much...
            Dark side of the moon

Comment

Originally Posted by snookerfan91 View Post
              I play the complete opposite with the 'blue into middle pocket' way of opening up the bunch, I just always try and get on the black and open them up with the black, I always break of how you would in real life and ending up in the baulk, normally the computer leaves a shot where I get a chance to hold for the black of a long red pot and then I play from there... most of the time on this game now I'm so used to it I always get decent breaks, sometimes the balls don't like to go into the middle pocket though!!! Problem with opening the reds with the blue is either if you put full power on the game or put any form of screw or side you have chance of potting one of the reds or the whiteball, I'm pretty good at snookering the computer too just read the lines I guess... all in all it is a good game but I can't wait for '10 it should be brilliant. I'm busy playing Doherty I think in the quarter-finals so lets see how this goes tonight, play a few hours on it tonight.
              Funnily enough, I always used to open the pack of reds by potting the black ball as well but just find it a bit easier opening them up by potting the blue in Wsc Real 09. I've never, touch wood, up to now gone in-off when the cue ball hits the pack of reds. I always hit the blue very hard, though not to the maximum cue power and the cue ball always seem to open them up perfectly for me, though occasionally I've landed on nothing and had to play safe.

It's just the luck of the draw really. I know in some frames (the scrappy ones) I can't seem to get a good enough angle on the blue to go into the reds, so I tend to hit a baulk colour and hope the cue ball lands close to an available red. Admitidly I tend to play a lot of 'shot to nothings' in these cases as well

Comment

Yeah I guess that is true really because it depends on where the balls are positioned (the reds), every frame is different so it is hard to say but generally I always aim for the black to cannon the reds, I've once hit the pink in and followed into the back with side and finished up a good break.

It really is just luck sometimes because I've played shots where the indicator to where the white ball is going to land will hit the balls on the way to getting to that spot but there dont even end up hitting them!.

One thing that is great is when you go from the black onto the yellow to clean up all the colours of the spots, I love doing that. :snooker:
                Dark side of the moon

Comment

Yeah I guess that is true really because it depends on where the balls are positioned (the reds), every frame is different so it is hard to say but generally I always aim for the black to cannon the reds, I've once hit the pink in and followed into the back with side and finished up a good break.

It really is just luck sometimes because I've played shots where the indicator to where the white ball is going to land will hit the balls on the way to getting to that spot but there dont even end up hitting them!.

One thing that is great is when you go from the black onto the yellow to clean up all the colours of the spots, I love doing that. :snooker:
                  Yeah it's a really good feeling when you pot the black and get perfect position on the yellow, green, brown etc to clear up.

I came the closest I've ever come to getting a century break this morning. I got a break of 82. I ended up having to pot the last red which was a tough one on the side cusion, which I sadly missed. Sods law, had I have potted the red I would have been nicely on the black and then onto the baulk colours with ease. I will keep trying, I'm getting so much better at this now, I'm quietly confident I will get a century break sooner rather than later

Comment

Originally Posted by STEVE 09 View Post
                    Yeah it's a really good feeling when you pot the black and get perfect position on the yellow, green, brown etc to clear up.

I came the closest I've ever come to getting a century break this morning. I got a break of 82. I ended up having to pot the last red which was a tough one on the side cusion, which I sadly missed. Sods law, had I have potted the red I would have been nicely on the black and then onto the baulk colours with ease. I will keep trying, I'm getting so much better at this now, I'm quietly confident I will get a century break sooner rather than later
                    Just keep playing it but have breaks because it does get frustrating sometimes, also try not to think of it to much thats when you don't get a century lol, just wait until you see that achievement show and think come on!!!
                    Dark side of the moon

Comment

Just keep playing it but have breaks because it does get frustrating sometimes, also try not to think of it to much thats when you don't get a century lol, just wait until you see that achievement show and think come on!!!
                      Yeah it's a great feeling getting the achievement. I was over the moon when I got the 75 break achievement which was at the time relatively easy to get. I very nearly got a century over the weekend, getting a break of 92. I'm getting closer and closer, but still not quite achieved it though will keep trying

Comment

Just always try and go for the black or pink at the least, even when you can only slightly cut the black in and hope to get position I always do it instead of going for a easier colour.
                        Dark side of the moon

Comment

I always aim just above the centre of the cue ball with just a touch of right side at the same tim aiming for the outermost red at the back of the pack, this 99% of the time leaves the cue ball in baulk and behind the brown or tight on the cushion.

BTW, just won the WC and unlocked all the players so now it will really be enjoyable

Comment

It is taking me ages to get down from no.4 to no.1 in world, starting to get on my wicks badly
                            Dark side of the moon

Comment

Your points make Absolute sense.

Comment

Still crap 5 years later.

Why would the coach mode teach you a breakoff that's not used? It may as well tell me to just smash the pink into the triangle.

Comment

Working...
                                X