Found something interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by Ramon View Post
    no problem , i can see you are confused . which is not the first time btw .

your referred to players from Britain an then you start talking about ball deflection and that kind of stuff.
    so, my question again ,
    are you saying a snooker player likes S Davis or S Hendry , does'nt know what deflection is ??
    as i mentioned in my prvs post, the best players in the history of cue sport came from UK.
    I think you are biased with your judgment.
    i concur - the best cueists do come from the UK. Thank you.

As to your question, this thread amply explains who knows what about cue sports physics and who does not. The pro this thread is about - Eddie Charlton - clearly had NO IDEA about any of it. I highly doubt many pros do.

I bet steve davis knew little as a player but knows it all now.

Comment

• Originally Posted by markz View Post
      Why are you on a snooker forum when all your views are based on pool? Can't you go and start a few topics on the new forum that's been made for all the pool players out there.
      Because it applies equally to snooker. If you can't see why this has merit then good luck to you, for you'll need it. And if you don't like it, don't follow it.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
        I think Willie Mosconi, Walter Lindrum (if they weren't brown bread) and Efren Reyes etc would have something to say about that
        In terms of sheer numbers of truly great cueists, the uk stands head and shoulders above every other nation (the Philippines has a shout, however).

But i don't see this continuing : the game is going east, and fast.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post

As to your question, this thread amply explains who knows what about cue sports physics and who does not. The pro this thread is about - Eddie Charlton - clearly had NO IDEA about any of it. I highly doubt many pros do.

While everyone can give there opinion on their favorites, the mere fact that these opinions vary so much, should
          direct all but the severely blinkered to realise that there is no geographical monopoly on the best cueists.

You can name bar-raisers in all cue sports belonging to a variety of countries.

At best, it's a moot point, which achieves hee-haw.

Comment

That could be the reason why they are playing so well . So lets keep it that way.
            and you are right , S Davis has no idea about what he's doing neither about cue sports physics.
            thanks for replay .

Comment

• Originally Posted by culraven View Post
              Its interesting to note that it is those clubs that tried to diversify and pander to those seeking dumbed down versions of our beautiful game that have gone under!
              Lol. They can't give snooker tables away these days. No cue sport is thriving, at least not in the sense of attracting a new generation of players, but snooker is waaaay down at the bottom when it comes to popularity in the clubs i play in.

Comment

Lol. They can't give snooker tables away these days. No cue sport is thriving, at least not in the sense of attracting a new generation of players, but snooker is waaaay down at the bottom when it comes to popularity in the clubs i play in.
                You mean pool halls?
                No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

• Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  "finished in this country" why do you say that?
                  yes clubs are closing down all over but I will say that the clubs local to me that had US tables (which were hardly used or only as a novelty) are all closed down and gone, the snooker clubs near me that only have snooker tables are still doing fine. Thank you very much
                  The numbers may be the lowest ever but I hope (yes I hope) this is the bottom of the trough; and I feel that the effects of the smoking-ban and the general not going out for a drink trend has now settled and the only way is UP
                  It may be different round your way (not US) but I hope this indicates there is sport out there we love that is still being played and is surviving
                  I say that because there's no 'next generation' of players. The average age of players it's rising, fast.

Comment

• Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                    While everyone can give there opinion on their favorites, the mere fact that these opinions vary so much, should
                    direct all but the severely blinkered to realise that there is no geographical monopoly on the best cueists.

You can name bar-raisers in all cue sports belonging to a variety of countries.

At best, it's a moot point, which achieves hee-haw.
                    True enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X