No announcement yet.

Has anyone seen Nic Barrow's CAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like it and i think it is a good idea for solo practice and checking your cueing etc while on your own.

Just the price puts me off and with postage to Australia that is close to $800 ( or more ) dollars for us when you factor in the conversion rate.

I am sure a well known Australian Snooker supplier here will stock them soon and i will keep an eye out to what he wants for them but the price may even put him off!
    If it is called " Common sense " why is it so rare???

Comment

Yeah £300 prices anyone other than coaches out.
      I don't see why a budget version for home use couldn't be made using the same technology, would help with reclaiming some of the R and D costs at least. Doesn't need to be machined aluminium, I'm sure there could be a work around to achieve the same stability. But I think it needs to come in at under the £100 mark if it's to appeal to anyone other than coaches?
      Does anyone remember the old buzzer game with the loop and wire? I think this could be utilised to good effect for a similar device, thin sticky back foil on the cue and that annoying screech if you're not cuing properly, giving you instant feedback and punishment at the same time, sounds daft but if kids saw it as a game it would encourage them to practice, nothing more boring than practicing your cuing action?
      No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

The only other way I have thought about doing it is a V block, so bridge hand as normal, down on the cue as normal but just before your chest a block with a sweeping V to let the cue run through easy (as it gets thicker as you come forward) this will make you cue straight , keep your cue level, let you use a cue( plus point compared with the slider) this could be used at home on a table, I would put a tape line straight down the table with the block set on it , this would make sure my bridge hand and block( therefore cue) were bang in line. Not made one of these yet but I will get round to it to see if it works.
        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

@Culraven - Operation was that game, very tough too.

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
            @Culraven - Operation was that game, very tough too.
            Yes, I'm still trying to work out how to bypass the liver?

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
              Yes, I'm still trying to work out how to bypass the liver?
              I gave up on it to be honest - ended up smashing it up.... Mum wasnt pleased hahah

Comment

Still no input from Nic or any sort of independent review, see at least 1 member on here bought 1 so let's see what he makes of it?

Comment

Originally Posted by ferret View Post
                  Yes it is very good and I have tried one of the first versions.

This is a perfect device for a coach or the serious snooker player looking to improve their game.

What you may find is people with a very low IQ will mock what they do not understand but you will not see that in this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ttHKrUD2Bei1uu
                  Ferret you wouldn't once utter a dissenting view opposing any product Nic was peddling. So how can you comment on anyone's IQ when no matter what, you will always endorse Everything he sells?
                  That is worse than having a low IQ as you put it. That is blindly following for your own agenda.

If someone bought this product and posted their review up and it was a suavely savage negative review. Would you leave it up? or delete it?
                  I think we all know the answer to that question.

I would rather have a knock with the "low IQ" individual. than the charlatan hypocrite dictators with his own agenda. To rob the gullible blind and paint the place like a Nic Barrow love nest.

Adios forum. I've had enough of this nonsense.

Comment

Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post
                    Ferret you wouldn't once utter a dissenting view opposing any product Nic was peddling. So how can you comment on anyone's IQ when no matter what, you will always endorse Everything he sells?
                    That is worse than having a low IQ as you put it. That is blindly following for your own agenda.

If someone bought this product and posted their review up and it was a suavely savage negative review. Would you leave it up? or delete it?

I would rather have a knock with the "low IQ" individual. than the charlatan hypocrite dictators with his own agenda. To rob the gullible blind and paint the place like a Nic Barrow love nest.

of course he's not going to slate any of Nic's products as Kevin is, in NBs own words, 'his tech guy'.

I find it just as daft people would think any other way....
                    #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Originally Posted by bolton-cueman View Post
                      of course he's not going to slate any of Nic's products as Kevin is, in NBs own words, 'his tech guy'.

I find it just as daft people would think any other way....
                      Daft as in

A) low IQ
                      B) very low IQ
                      C) gullible fool
                      It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

Originally Posted by Alba_ View Post

A little research would tell you ferret no longer owns the forum
                        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          A little research would tell you ferret no longer owns the forum
                          who does own it?

Comment

Originally Posted by Byrom View Post
                            who does own it?
                            Probably Nic Barrow and/or Andrew. I wouldn't know where to research but I'll take a look as there has to be a link somewhere titled 'website owners' isn't there?
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Why not just say who owns it, why so coy about it'

Comment

Originally Posted by GeordieDS View Post
                                Daft as in

A) low IQ
                                B) very low IQ
                                C) gullible fool
                                d) extremely naive
                                #jeSuisMasterBlasterBarryWhite2v1977Luclex(andHisF ictiousTwin)BigSplash!

Comment

Working...
                                X